Game crashing after a few mins

Anzan

No matter what I do, my game crashes after a few minutes with the mods I have. It doesn't seem to in vanilla, though I'd have to double check that I suppose. I've been trying for 3 days to set up skyrim with all this, and I can't figure out what's causing the crashes. At first it seemed like the Barbarian skin was causing the crash, and removing that seemed to help, though it was just delaying the crash. Same deal with Apachii's. Removing it helped but didn't prevent the crashes. I really don't know what to do. Is it a memory issue or something? Are some of my mods conflicting and I'm not aware of it? I'm so frustrated with this, I don't even know what to do anymore.

specs:

http://i.imgur.com/lrPv7.png

Load Order:

Active Mod Files:

•  00 Skyrim.esm

•  01 Update.esm

•  02 Dawnguard.esm

•  03 3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm

•  04 Omegared99-Compilation.esm

•  05 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

•  06 moonpath.esm

•  07 WinterholdDestruction.esm

•  08 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.2.1a]

•  09 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 1.1a]

•  0A Chesko_Frostfall.esp

•  0B Improved Combat Sounds v2.1.esp

•  0C ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hardcore.esp

•  0D Weapons and Armor fixes.esp

•  0E Weapons and Armor fixes - Hacks.esp

•  0F ApachiiHelmetWigs.esp

•  10 BabettesFeastBalanced.esp

•  11 BellyachesNewDragonSpecies_FactionlessDragons.esp

•  12 Bring Out Your Dead.esp [Version 1.1.1]

•  13 Chesko_WearableLantern.esp

•  14 ScenicCarriages.esp

•  15 Footprints.esp

•  16 iHUD.esp

•  17 SkyRealism - Simple Save System - 5 min.esp [Version 1.0]

•  18 1nivWICCloaks.esp [Version 2.1b]

•  19 dragonpriestmasks.esp

•  1A KarliahArmor2.esp

•  1B LeatherBackpackBrown.esp

•  1C LeatherBackpack.esp

•  1D LeatherBackpackBlack.esp

•  1E SkyRe_Plugin_Omegared99sArmorCompilation.esp

•  1F theRoadstrokersAlvinHewOutfitSet.esp

•  20 3rdEraWeapMoS-replacer.esp

•  21 3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp

•  22 Dr_Bandolier.esp

•  23 Smithing Perks Overhaul - Balanced.esp

•  24 Complete Crafting Overhaul.esp

•  25 ExpandedWinterholdRuins.esp

•  26 moonpath_questdata.esp

•  27 female mannequins.esp

•  28 female mannequins in homes.esp

•  29 CraftTakesTime.esp

•  2A Deadly Traps.esp

•  2B Headtracking.esp

•  2C Sickly Diseases.esp

•  2D SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp

•  2E UnreadBooksGlow.esp [Version 1.5.3]

•  2F SkyRealism - Time and Travel.esp [Version 1.1.]

•  30 SkyRealism - Mass and Materials.esp [Version 1.6]

•  31 SkyRealism - Mass and Materials - 1nivWICCloaks.esp [Version 1.1]

•  32 SkyRealism - Capacity and Carry Weight.esp [Version 1.5]

•  33 SkyRealism - Encumbrance.esp [Version 1.4]

•  34 Ancient Spells.esp

•  35 MidasSkyrim.esp

•  36 dovahkiinrelax.esp

•  37 SkyRealism - Detection Durations.esp [Version 1.1.]

•  38 Duel - Combat Realism.esp

•  39 The Dance of Death.esp

•  3A Locational Damage.esp

•  3B SkyRe_Main.esp

•  3C SkyRealism - Feast and Famine.esp [Version 2.2]

•  3D SkyRealism - Feast and Famine - SkyRe_Main.esp [Version 1.0]

•  3E SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp

•  3F SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp

•  40 SkyRe_StandingStones.esp

•  41 SkyRe_Plugin_ImmersiveArmor_5.esp

•  42 SkyRe_Plugin_Omegared99-WeaponSets.esp

•  43 3DNPC.esp

•  44 UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp

•  45 UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp

•  46 SkyRe_Races.esp

•  47 getSnowy.esp

•  48 WATER.esp

•  49 RealTimeReading.esp

•  4A SkyRealism - Portable Crafting Kits.esp [Version 1.0]

I would return to the SkyRe mod page, and then make sure all of your mods are compatible with Skyre, have the appropriate compatibility patches if required, and installed exactly as directed by SkyRe.

If that all checks out, have you updated to the latest drivers for your graphics card?

First, let me clarify the crashes. The game seems to crash after loading a few cells. It doesn't matter which cells, but entering too many areas, inside a dungeon, on the overworld, or what have you, it crashes.

I tried disabling SkyRE, nothing changed. Disabled all my mods, nothing changed. Removed all the folders from within the data folder, forcing it to use vanilla assets. Suddenly, the crashing stopped and I was able to play crash-free. It worked with vanilla, it worked with SKSE. Stopped playing after around 10 mins each time because I wasn't seeing any crashes. Started adding folders back in one by one, and didn't come to a problem until I added textures back in. Tried with just textures, it kept crashing. Tried with all the folders except textures, no crashing. Tried removing folders from within the textures folder until I found a problem with actors. I kept removing recursive folders until I isolated the problem.

I'm using the Barbarian skin from the Barbarian and Milkdrinker skin pack, but it appears that it's the root of the crash. All my mods work without the Barbarian texture, otherwise. I don't think this is a problem with the skin, per se, but with my rig. I'm baffled as to what, specifically, could be the problem and as to why my rig can't handle . I'm also concerned that attempting to load other high resolution textures could cause me to crash again.

Does anyone have any insight as to what the problem could be? My rig's specs are in the OP.

Thanks.

EDIT: Tried with the basic UNP skin, Better Females by Bella, and Women of Skyrim normal map. That crashed it as well. Replaced all 3 with Xenius files and the crashes stopped. Tried each one individually, Women of Skyrim and Better Females crashed Skyrim, UNP did not. Better Females and UNP together caused a crash. UNP meshes with the Barbarian skin and neither Better Females nor Women of Skyrim crashed the game.

I'm certain that info says something, though I'm not sure what.

Edited by Anzan

Uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim. Still having the same issue; game crashes if I have too many hi-rez textures loaded.

Actually this time around I've noticed things like armor or objects losing their textures and becoming either fluorescent purple, bright yellow, or completely black. No idea if that was present before I reinstalled the game, but I only get it after playing for a decent amount of time. Maybe 15 mins to an hour.

I've noticed things like armor or objects losing their textures and becoming either fluorescent purple, bright yellow, or completely black. No idea if that was present before I reinstalled the game, but I only get it after playing for a decent amount of time. Maybe 15 mins to an hour.

That sounds like video card artifacts - usually caused by an overheating video card. The time - 15 minutes to an hour is also indicating overheating. If the temp goes too high, it will cause a crash.

That's what's concerning me. I'm monitoring my GPU and I'm staying at around 43 degrees Celsius and I'm not going over 600mb VRAM usage. Could the game somehow be thinking it's overheating or using too much memory even though that's not the case?

Edit: Uninstalled all mods, started a new game with just skyrim.esm, update.esm, and the official hi rez texture pack. Game crashes when I try to load a game or start a new one now. Still no idea why this is happening. GPU is barely under any load when it crashes.

Edit: fixed the issue with this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4192#content

Edited by Anzan