Finding the first step?

NephilimNexus

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@james no sorry hehe

Packing and compressing are 2 different things

Compressing is done we simply dont Need it after daemonjax find :-)

An upk is just a Container with many Files in it , you could imagine it as some sort of folder like in Windows

Unpacking means get all Files out of it

Packing putting all the Files into it

hey guys

just for common knowledge

i used http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d10resourceeditor.htm 0 resource editor + source code for those who want it

a lot easier to use if you want to change stuff in the EXE

attached a little pic so you can see it for yourselfs

WHOPS for some reason this whole last part simply didnot appear on my browser when i fliped through the pages - SORRY

Edited by AssassinOfDarkness

hey guys

just for common knowledge

i used http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d10resourceeditor.htm 0 resource editor + source code for those who want it

a lot easier to use if you want to change stuff in the EXE

attached a little pic so you can see it for yourselfs

WHOPS for some reason this whole last part simply didnot appear on my browser when i fliped through the pages - SORRY

With Daemonjax help, we are able to CHANGE javalike - SCRIPTS ... not just this properties in *.ini

first look ..almost the WHOLE logic is in this scripts..

THX Daemonjax !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i have followed the progress of this topic with utmost interest, and i am happy that finally a solution seems to have been found (all the test i have done beside modifying the ini inside the executable resulted in crash or simply didn't work) however when i try to unpack the .upk i get an error, wrong header i think.

It's possible to have a post that explain step by step what one must done for successfully mod this game scripts?

I already have UE explorer but differently from other games instead of telling me that the package is compressed, just handle me an error telling me that it can't read beyond the end of the file? :wallbash:

Anyone else has this problem? (Unable to decompress/Read XComGame.upk, XComStrategyGame.upk)

gogo :P adjusting by hand gets boring after a while :P

Edit:

btw proof of concept

logfile after reactivating console

[0034.50] ScriptWarning: DrawText: No font

Console Transient.XComEngine_0:XComGameViewportClient_0.Console_0

Function Engine.Console:Typing.PostRender_Console:0A32

[0034.56] Log: Command not recognized: âsd

Edited by dreadylein

Well, fellow modders, get ready to hold onto your pants because I just figured out how to get the game to load uncompressed upk files!

It's so simple, I felt stupid for trying it... but this actually works:

You know those files in ...XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XComGame\CookedPCConsole that are X.upk.uncompressed_size?

Oh man, I'm so sorry. I figured this out last week with a different game and didn't think to include it in my post. Maybe if i came back more often, I could be a little more help... Also, I'm embarrassed I didn't think to try the decompressed file's hash.

great GD work

Edited by mgreed