Finding the first step?

NephilimNexus

I didn't enable the tutorial, it's the 1st mission after shooting down the alien craft. Every time I get one of my soldiers to do anything, as soon as he's done it, the game just crashes out.

I managed to find a workaround though:

I only edited the weapons, rather than the soldiers, then once I reloaded my original game (before any modding) and re-equipped the weapons, I got the mods to work. So rather than having my soldier's willpower go up, I set a willpower increase to the weapons they were holding, and the sniper rifle range worked too. I've also checked this in a new game, and it works fine.

I may be way off course, but it looks like changing things on the soldier's themselves could possibly have something going wrong with a (possibly) scripted part of the 1st few missions.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone can help me and I'm not entirely sure this is the right place but I went through the process described early in this topic and edited the ini, put it into the EXE and saved it. Nothing changed. I started a new game but everything was the same. Excvations still took five days, I had 5 and not 10 scientists. Any ideas?

Edit: Tried again and it worked, go figure.

Edited by JamesF0790

I've tried adjusting a few things related to the Arc Thrower:

1. At first I tried adding ShotStun to other weapons, which gives the ability to stun to other weapons, but no actual uses. So has anyone figured out a way to increase use count for abilities on weapons?

2. Then I tried turning the Arc Thrower into a "Pistol" so instead of using an item slot it uses the secondary weapon slot (replaces pistol). This actually worked MARVELOUSLY as when you equip it you get the model on your paper doll, when you fire it shoots an arc of electricity that simply looks awesome compared to all other game weapons (lightning gun FTW)... however there is a MAJOR FLAW. Normal "non stunning" shots with it STILL USE STUN CHARGES..so after your first two shots, you can no longer stun. Which isn't THAT bad if you just watch your use of it. Here is the code snippet to turn the Arc Thrower into a pistol that has the basic pistol damage (not sure if pistol upgrades will effect it or not, didn't test that extensively):

Weapons=(iType=eItem_ArcThrower,ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_ShotStandard,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_Overwatch,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_ShotStun,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]
=eWP_Pistol,Properties[1]=eWP_UnlimitedAmmo,Properties[2]=eWP_None,Properties[3]=eWP_None,Properties[4]=eWP_None,Properties[5]=eWP_None,iDamage=1,iEnvironmentDamage=10,iRange=27,iReactionRange=-1,iReactionAngle=360,iRadius=0,iCritical=0,iOffenseBonus=0,iSuppression=0,iSize=eItemSize_Small,iHPBonus=0,iWillBonus=0)

So again, if anyone has found a way to add uses/charges to other items I would like to know as I would love to improve this some more.

as the new format isnt fully reversed yet there is no way for a complet unpack yet as far as iam aware

for unpacking just look around the net

on the gildor page there is a programm for decompressing

after this most auf the unpacking tools work partialy

in theory if someone has a deeper knowledge about the bytecode of the udk engine he would be able to mod nearly anything as long as the engine doesent enforce crc checks

recooking is a problem atm, normaly the xcom file should be able to do that, but it would be a shitload of work and this only works if they didnt stript the editor and cooking code completly

I've tried adjusting a few things related to the Arc Thrower:

1. At first I tried adding ShotStun to other weapons, which gives the ability to stun to other weapons, but no actual uses. So has anyone figured out a way to increase use count for abilities on weapons?

2. Then I tried turning the Arc Thrower into a "Pistol" so instead of using an item slot it uses the secondary weapon slot (replaces pistol). This actually worked MARVELOUSLY as when you equip it you get the model on your paper doll, when you fire it shoots an arc of electricity that simply looks awesome compared to all other game weapons (lightning gun FTW)... however there is a MAJOR FLAW. Normal "non stunning" shots with it STILL USE STUN CHARGES..so after your first two shots, you can no longer stun. Which isn't THAT bad if you just watch your use of it. Here is the code snippet to turn the Arc Thrower into a pistol that has the basic pistol damage (not sure if pistol upgrades will effect it or not, didn't test that extensively):

Weapons=(iType=eItem_ArcThrower,ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_ShotStandard,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_Overwatch,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_ShotStun,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]
=eWP_Pistol,Properties[1]=eWP_UnlimitedAmmo,Properties[2]=eWP_None,Properties[3]=eWP_None,Properties[4]=eWP_None,Properties[5]=eWP_None,iDamage=1,iEnvironmentDamage=10,iRange=27,iReactionRange=-1,iReactionAngle=360,iRadius=0,iCritical=0,iOffenseBonus=0,iSuppression=0,iSize=eItemSize_Small,iHPBonus=0,iWillBonus=0)

So again, if anyone has found a way to add uses/charges to other items I would like to know as I would love to improve this some more.

You Sir are my hero :thumbsup: