Blender Crashes when Trying to Edit Armors

user826

Congratulations! Glad to hear you finally had success. Just wish we had figured it out earlier.

I have to say, the idea behind an "on-board" integrated graphics chip (for reduced battery drain) like the Intel is to avoid needing a separate GPU card. The chip makes a number of necessary compromises as a consequence. Once you do have an "add-on" video adapter, the only reason to leave both running is if you have each hooked up to a separate monitor at the same time, and even then you want video drivers that are compatible between the two adapters (which is not usually the case between different brands). The integrated chip uses system RAM, which takes away from what is available for other programs. My recommendation would be to leave the chip disabled except for when you find a compelling reason to use it (such as conserving battery power when "off-the-mains").

-Dubious-

Leaving the integrated graphics disabled actually negatively affects the function of the laptop, strangely enough. YouTube videos get really choppy and the fan runs constantly, making a lot of noise. I think I'll only disable it when I need to run Blender and leave it on the rest of the time.