Day / Night Timeframe Mod

NiKtheALiEN

In the vanilla Fallout3 1hr in-game is equal to about 2 minutes real-time. This means we get only 24 minutes light followed by 24 minutes dark and just feels silly in my opinion. I mean, its so short, its hardly anytime to enjoy the lighting effects.

Example: it had just gone sun rise so I set out on the wastes to gather some resources, I quickly found a house and entered to have a look what i could find. I had a good look around, pinched a few items and left. It was almost dark already.

I'd really like to see somewhere in the region of a 3hour day/night cycle. So we get 1.5 hours light followed by 1.5 hours of night.

(I tried editing the FALLOUT.INI file to achieve this, along with the fGlobaltimemultiplier value, but it had no effect.)

Thanks for reading! I think quite a few people would like this mod. *fingers crossed*

I'd probably download this. I don't really notice when I'm wandering the wasteland, but it becomes painfully obvious whenever I go into a tunnel or the like at noon, and come out to find it completely dark out after only a short while.

Seems you can use the console command from oblivion to effect the time scale...

Open console > set timescale to 1

Will set 1hr in-game to 1hr real-time.

Does this affect fast travel as well? I've always wondered how the game estimates how long it takes you to get from one place to another.

I don't know, sorry :confused:

I've not noticed anything unusual with fast travel since playing with an adjusted timescale.

FYI, the number(X) in the command ' set timescale to X' is relevant to hours. So 1 = 1hr in-game = 1hr real-time. I play at 10 which seems balanced for immersion.

I don't know, sorry :confused:

I've not noticed anything unusual with fast travel since playing with an adjusted timescale.

FYI, the number(X) in the command ' set timescale to X' is relevant to hours. So 1 = 1hr in-game = 1hr real-time. I play at 10 which seems balanced for immersion.

does that mean that X=game hours per RL hour? so 'set timescale to 10' = 10hr in-game = 1hr real-time?

that was a bit unclear for me

but thanks.gif i really disliked the rapid daylight change

Archived