Weather Effects - Essential mod!

NiKtheALiEN

I'm really dissapointed to see there are no weather effects in Fallout3. When I think of Oblivion(Natural Environments mod) I remember how fantastic the weather was. It would be awesome to see some of that in Fallout3.

After the Nuclear war had ravaged the environment, it would be a great oppertunity to do some really interesting and bazaar effects.

Ideas so far (please support and add your own):

Acid rain - red skys and acid evaporation.

Fallout fog - red or green luminous glowing fog.

Dust tornadoes - nuclear dust blowing around.

Electromagnetic/Ion storms and arc-lightening.

Earthquakes - not quite weather...but.

It would take a LOT of nukes to make the D.C. area an earthquake zone... ;)

Frankly, I'd be happy with just the occasional dust storm or rain... There ARE standing puddles of water everywhere... Where did they come from?

Plus, it'd be neat to see storm clouds coming in and knowing that you have to get inside before the radioactive rain gets all over you...

(then again, that's probably why it's not in the game now... Hitting the "wait" key over and over while waiting for it to be safe enough to go outside again is realistic, but not terribly fun...)

Good idea, especially the Acid Rain, to be honest i think this would have needed to be in the game already to be improved upon and done "well".

Cant see a mod from pretrty much scratch rivalling the quality of the rest of the graphics, would look out of place.

Difference in Oblivion is they already had rain to work on, they just had to make it look better.

With fallout they would have to CREATE rain

Still, fantastic idea tho and i hope someone proves me wrong and does it, id be first to download

Supported. I'd also say that just REGULAR rain and fog would be a huge boost to the game. As well as maybe just dust storms.

Even if they had no adverse health effects, actual weather cycles would make the game quite a bit better.

Dude you made my day, thinking of these makes me smile with joy. Mmmm glowing fog....acid rain....w00t!

Oh and don't forget everyones 2 favorite the

destroyed ozone, if there are no clouds there is a 400 degrees +

and my personal favorite NUCLEAR WINTER, were the suns is blocked out and all of the earths water supplies has been extremely radiated and frozen, reaching below -10 degrees Celsius.

LOL nuclear winter would be epic. Then all we'd need are glowing green snowmen.

As for fog...if any of you guys have blown up megaton (1st thing I did WAHAHA) the whole area where the town used to be is shrouded in kinda blackish fog. You might be able to use that if u were to do a mod for glowing radioactive fog.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived