Packed textures now show up as scrambled rainbow pixels.

llloyd

So. I was trying to wrangle a quest mod to reduce load times (the mod itself is over 800 mb, one esp, and a tonne of loose files) . So I extracted the mod to a temp folder and used Archive2 to pack everything but textures to a - Main.ba2 and the texture folder to a - Textures.ba2 . Load times are a lot better but some of the textures are showing up as scrambled random rainbow pixels. O.o How can I fix this?

https://imgur.com/a/6zQTQKb

That problem tends to occur if you pack your textures using the wrong compression setting in Archive2 for the device the textures are being used on. Is it possible you selected the Xbox compression setting and are using your textures on PC? The Xbox and PC settings use different compression algorithms which aren't compatible with the "wrong" device. Just try packing a new archive and make sure you have the correct compression setting selected.

Also, if you used something other than Archive2 to extract the files (such as BAE) that could also be a factor. It's not clear from your post if that's what you did. If you aren't already, you should be using Archive2 to do both the unpacking and repacking.

Oh! The files were loose so I unpacked them from the .rar file with WinRar and packed *just* the loose files as .ba2s . So I can't use 'general' for textures? *mehs* Ok, so I'll have to figure out how to fix the problem that was keeping me from using the dds setting.

Skipping "Textures/DA/DA Christie Harness/Boots_n.dds" since it contains features not supported by the archiver
Skipping "Textures/DA/DA Christie Harness/Top_n.dds" since it contains features not supported by the archiver
Skipping "Textures/DA/DA Christie Harness/Under_n.dds" since it contains features not supported by the archiver
So at a wild guess those will have to remain as loose files?