Smoking?

tavtav

maybe when you get addicted to smoking your run speed decreases a fair bit.

or maybe when you stop running a sound effect along the lines of someone trying desperatly to breathe and cough up a lung at the same time. (speaking from personal experience, almost a pack a day)

and it should be a negative charisma effect (would you be sweet talked by a person who's breath stunk of 200+ year old radioactive cigarettes? )

Well, smoking is a social drug. I mean before lungcnacer and all that it was cool to smoke, people flocked around smokers. Thats why people went to pubs too, for the smoking. The drinking part was a fun side effect.

Perhaps leave the packs and cartons as they are because there are single cigerettes lying abot in ashtrays, I was thinking that adding a special vendor that deals in cigs and cigars that you can collect for and he could trade packs and cartons for individual cigs and cigars( maybe add packs and cartons of cigars as well) as well as a cash option and make the cigs and cigars a clothing options in various forms like lit or unlit versions, maybe even incorporate specific brands names like in a recent brand repackaging mod I noticed recently and have the vendor request certain quantaties of each brand.Each brand could have various levels of effect on your character depending on strength and whether you use the lit or unlit versions.Might be abit much to mod but having the cigs and cigars as a clothing item would be great and would definatly get my vote.

Cine-eater.

maybe when you get addicted to smoking your run speed decreases a fair bit.

or maybe when you stop running a sound effect along the lines of someone trying desperatly to breathe and cough up a lung at the same time. (speaking from personal experience, almost a pack a day)

and it should be a negative charisma effect (would you be sweet talked by a person who's breath stunk of 200+ year old radioactive cigarettes? )

Well, smoking is a social drug. I mean before lungcnacer and all that it was cool to smoke, people flocked around smokers. Thats why people went to pubs too, for the smoking. The drinking part was a fun side effect.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The whole world of Fallout is not our own; back before the timelines diverged in the 50s, smoking was still the hip thing to do and encouraged by doctors and stuff. So an increase in charisma makes sense, to me anyways.

What if you make item like "cigarette case", make it an armor or something, repair it with packs of cigarettes to fill it. Then equip it and the durability can slowly go down as if the cigarette was burning. You could chain smoke by leaving the item on, and your character would light up another until the case was empty. Imagine being able to take out a group of super mutants, then hit a hotkey and see your guy pull out a cigarette and take a puff. Not sure how it would work as a drug though. I'm sure someone will find a way to get it to work though, sounds cool!

Bonus Effect: +1 Agility, +1 Perception

Withdrawl Effect: -1 Charisma, -1 Agility, -1 Endurance

Usage: Make them a type of ammo that has weight. As in a carton may contain up to X amount (but no less than 1/4, otherwise it's not a carton, eh?) of individual cigarettes, same with packs, and a use is good for a certain amount of time.

It should take up the face slot (goggles/glasses/ Groucho Marx 'stache kits) and not vanish even upon the ending of the bonus effects. That was people could still look "edgy" and not get an addiction. :rolleyes:

Archived