ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

A problem with exploding heads.

amusingCalico

Alright so Ive attempted to set up a mod list for fallout 4 again. Got it all set up great, no crashing, not much framerate drop, it ran great, looked great, except for one issue. Heads would not disappear after exploding. They would explode, you'd see all the bits and pieces fly out and blood spurt from the neck area.... but the head would still be there. The weird part is if i tried to shoot the "head" on the dead body my bullets would just pass right through it and hit the ground as if the head was not there. Stranger still I can cut off heads just fine, so it seems to be an issue specifically with exploding heads. I can also explode any other limb and it's fine. It's literally just the heads, doesnt matter if theyre wearing armor/headgear or not either. Ive disabled literally every mod I have and every esp i have except for the pip-pad since that one is a bit of a pain in the ass to remove with no luck, I tried verifying the integrity of the steam files with no luck. I am honestly at a loss here. The only mods i downloaded that I think could be related to heads are CBBE, 2k Face, A male body replacer, realistic headshots, and live dismemberment. But this still happens even with those disabled. The only thing I can possibly think is that somehow some of the vanilla files got changed but I havent the slightest idea what to look for. I'd really like to avoid having to reinstall the game since that's a long process. :sad: The link is to a gif showing an example of what I mean. https://gyazo.com/875c068c43969ade3c6ae9772b1a8a68

Edit: This is happening even on new games, so it is not a problem with existing save files.

Edit 2: It's not just humans either, also happens with animals...

list your complete modlist, so i can see if you have any mods that stand out as potential cause, i will check them all out.

basically you have a mod that is modifying the decapitation chance, or disabling the ability altogether this can easily be done by messing around with specific values.

mods cannot make changes to the game files, only the game itself, but these are not permanent. as soon as their associated esp is disabled or deleted, any changes it made to the game are immediately reverted. <-- their is however an exception to this rule, if the mod however makes changes via a script then that is different.

so their could be potential that a script is causing the issue, or simply the mod that is causing the issue is not an obvious mod.

mods to look out for, are, Death Physics Mods, Body Collision Mods, etc etc, all of these mods can prevent decapitation.

It's odd because their neck still spurts as if theyve had their head blown up, the bits and pieces of brains fly around just fine, its just... it's like a second copy of their head shows up. And the weirdest part is its specifically exploding heads. Normal decapitation works fine.

This should list every mod that I've downloaded.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/dXvxdp3dvt/

i am going to assume this is a skeleton based issue, as in a mod has replaced the skeleton for these entities, and by disabling all mods, did not restore the original skeleton (the .HKX files)

so when you installed your mods, did you have any Overwrite Requests ?

and what mod manager are you using if any ?

should be mentioned that installing and likewise uninstalling mods through a mod manager does not always work.

the last thing to do is completely reinstall the game (that also means delete the Fallout4 Ini Files as well, in documents folder), this will ensure everything goes back to a vanilla state. verifying the game cache only replaces tampered or corrupted files

this could be an issue with the Fallout 4 Ini Files.

if none of the above work, then i have absolutely no idea, as a Complete Game Re-Install will fix 99% of the Problems.

Complete Game Re-Install = Deleting absolutely everthing connected to fallout 4, that also includes everything in the Documents folder (Ini Files, Saved Games and anything to do with fallout) as well as every single mod and any files attached to them, basically you end up with a completely empty Data Folder.