Game crippling bug

volsfan8076

http://xcom.nexusmods.com/Images/16 :facepalm:

I am sitting in my base and it is telling me that 11 of my soldiers are "on mission". Any ideas on how to fix it?

I was being sent on a UFO landing mission and as I was launching the team, a counsel mission popped up. Not thinking, I clicked 'launch mission'. Now, every soldier that was not on that UFO landing mission is unavailable. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

To cover the basics, you are sure they are not just assigned to the sky ranger, in mission control tab? Since they always says "on mission" even when you have multiple missions to select from. Or can't you launch any missions at all now?

Of all my browsing I have not seen anyone report this issue before, and multiple mission pop up is quite common

I have found a thread on the 2K board with others having the same problem but no way to fix it. I have launched 2 missions since it happened and it doesn't affect anything. When I open up the 'launch mission', it will show all my available soldiers and the glitched ones at the same time, 2 bodies in each slot. But when I launch the mission, only the available ones go. Its like the game seems to think they are away on another mission and aren't back yet.

I guess I am hoping that someone knows a way, in game or out, to go into the game and edit the 'on mission' tag on each soldier.

Edited by volsfan8076

I've noticed sometimes that the game will get "stuck" if you try to move to quickly especially in post mission "reports". After a terror attack that i aborted to test something i hit escape to fast and the game got stuck on the world view rather than showing me verious countries going into panic so i just had to reload.

I wasn't stuck anywhere. I could do anything I wanted, I just had 11 soldiers that were useless. I ended up just loading up my last save. Lost some progress but better than restarting the entire game.

I guess that 6 kills with one rocket never really happened anymore then, since I loaded up a save before it. I was amazed by the fact that all of those thin men just kind of huddled up behind the same cover.

• 4 weeks later...

being this isn't the official xcom developers site it's kinda pointless to post bugs here but perhaps

one can pass this one on or try to help work it out themselves.

a bug I experience a lot

depending on the angle of your camera for the map ..when deciding on a higher level moveto box placement for your troop..when suddenly your highlighted cursor box goes Ape Shi-T

= a movable selection box appears/disappears ((with each an annoying sound)) and sporadicly repeats 50 times within 5 seconds + changing the box position in height by the two selectable levels every other half of a second.

completely nerfing the user from making a move to where he wants the soldier to go.

changing the view by pressing E "sometimes" helps.

a bug I experience a lot

depending on the angle of your camera for the map ..when deciding on a higher level moveto box placement for your troop..when suddenly your highlighted cursor box goes Ape Shi-T

= a movable selection box appears/disappears ((with each an annoying sound)) and sporadicly repeats 50 times within 5 seconds + changing the box position in height by the two selectable levels every other half of a second.

Sounds horrible. What I can think of is mouse problem - wheel changes level.