Mining glitch

bazinga313

I'm sure that this has been asked before but does anyone else get it where when they go to mine an ore deposit and the character just sits there and doesn't mine it and if you try and move it the camera gets stuck in that static view? Its been driving me crazy because I can literally not mine anything because it happens all the time. I just have to reload and hope that I had saved recently. Its gotten so bad I literally save everytime right before i go to mine something because I just hope that its not going to break but of course it does. Anyone know what causes it or maybe how to fix it?

Personally, I've never encountered the issue that you have described. Best I can do is help brainstorm possible workarounds and / or causes.

Have you had any success with attacking the ore vein? That is, equip the pickaxe and attack the ore vein.

Do you have any mods that affect the ore veins or change the mining behavior in any way?

• 4 weeks later...

No I haven't tried attacking the ore with a pickaxe yet. and no I don't have any mods that affect the ore veins in particular unless some of the texture mods I have touch them. But no mods I have, have anything to do with the ore veins themselves or mining.

Edited by bazinga313

I'm using Instant Mining. That will skip the animation entirely. As a last resort if anything else fails...

I may actually have to try this. because I have completely given up on trying to mine ore veins when I come across them. Luckily I have Tundra defense mod and in that mod you can build a mine that supplies you with ore slowly. but I still may have to try the instant mining mod.

Do you have any animation mods? Cuz I have had this happen before with some animation mods (that did not touch mining at all) and running FNIS helped fix it.

This has happened a lot in early days of Skyrim LE, when behavior files have been updated frequently. It also happened when users had old versions of Skyrim mixed with new versions of FNIS, or vice versa. Mixing of behavior files was the problem.

Technically is mining provided by furniture animations. So it probably can happen when you have custom animation mods using furniture, but don't add the corresponding animation files with FNIS. A probable cause is also the uninstall of (scripted) mods using furniture animations. If you have done so you should try cleaning your saves (e.g. with Fallrim Tools). Or start from scratch, and avoid uninstalling scripted mods.