NPC Random Exploring

tonkrogerio

Yes I know. I was thinking about actually creating a package though. from 10AM to 5PM bob the NPC will explore.

You could create a number of travel packages to "interesting" locations and let the default master script work out what to do when the actor gets there. Then use quest/quest aliases and scripting to randomly/dynamically add them/move a given travel package to the top of the stack. I say this knowing it's currently so far above my modding skill I may as well be a lemur trying to discuss rocket science.

Edited by acidzebra

You can't be much worse than me lol. I have only recently started using the creation kit. this will actually be my first ever mod :/

Something I noticed was the "random" branch in the procedure tree. I wonder if this has anything to do with it...

Edited by tonkrogerio

Ok I think I have found it all by myself :D

The way I'm doing it is like so:- Create a AI package template, Delete everything off the public package data and procedure tree. in procedure tree, Add "random branch" and make sure "repeat when complete" is ticked. Create a new travel procedure from it and link it to an xmarker. then create as many as you want and maybe add some wait times to it. that is it :) Make sure you link those procedures to travel destinations in the public package data (one of the things I didn't understand before, mainly because like an idiot, I didn't see the option lol). Actually you have to link all the data from the procedure tree to the references in the public package data. bool, travel, etc.

Please tell me If there is a better way of doing this. My main goal was to make them explore and I don't like the idea of them traveling to lots of Xmarkers tbh. Also. Can someone help me with making an npc a parent so that he waits for other people in the group when he reaches his destination please?

• 3 years later...