New to modding

Deleted3989288User

I tried using the creation kit, however I'm not experienced and it's far too conjested with all the possible items that I can't simply navigate where I want to go. Not to mention, accidentally deleting something important like Nav mesh blockers!

Then again, I got an idea. Why can't I just mod with console commands? Could I do this? Isn't every possible object in the game accessible and can be added and deleted with the console?

I don't actually want to mod much. The actual integrity of the house will remain the same. I just want to move items and change walls and rooms. I'd like to remove the bedroom walls in the 2nd floor so there's 1 room to be the master bedroom for example.

Any tips would be much appreciated, and suggested console commands. I won't abandon the idea of the creation kit, but I fear putting so much work into it only to have something untraceable not to work.

Edited by Guest

console commands wouldnt work anyway especially with walls because than there would a a big empty spot where the wall used to be unless they just have freewalls intersecting the outter walls but either way way you cant move things with console commands, sorry to say it but your just going to have to bite the bullet and dig through the mess of objects if you want to customize

You Want to go into world objects tab, click static then go to architecture then into whichever other tab you want after that, then when experiment with the items in the tabs and drag them into the render window!

I tried using the creation kit, however I'm not experienced and it's far too conjested with all the possible items that I can't simply navigate where I want to go. Not to mention, accidentally deleting something important like Nav mesh blockers!

Then again, I got an idea. Why can't I just mod with console commands? Could I do this? Isn't every possible object in the game accessible and can be added and deleted with the console?

I don't actually want to mod much. The actual integrity of the house will remain the same. I just want to move items and change walls and rooms. I'd like to remove the bedroom walls in the 2nd floor so there's 1 room to be the master bedroom for example.

Any tips would be much appreciated, and suggested console commands. I won't abandon the idea of the creation kit, but I fear putting so much work into it only to have something untraceable not to work.

I'd stick with the Creation Kit and forget the command console as it's not going to be what you need. Do a few dungeon building tutorials to get you used to the CK and how the room parts are named and how to use the filter to weed out the bits you don't need. This isn't really something you can shortcut if you want good results.