How to share a MOD?

GaryFishFX

This should be covered all over the place but I can't seem to find it.

In my Skyrim data folder is my esp file I created with the CK. I was careful not to change anything but what I intended the MOD to have. It works, but I have no idea how to get it up on Nexus. How do I get it compatible with NMM? Or even Steam. I'm on Steam now, reading the docs. I haven't found any links here tho.

Can someone please help?

Just put all files into a .rar archive and upload.

MODNAME.rar:

pluginname.esp

meshes\xxx\.nif (if you added meshes)

textures\xxx\.dds (if you added new textures)

... and so on, viewpoints is ...Skyrim\data\ - if it's just a plugin then you only have to put the .esp file into the archive.

Edited by ghosu

For Steam, under "files" (in the CK) select the option that is something like "generate archive and upload to Steam". If you added any scripts or meshes or textures or any other files you'll have to add them to your archive, but if you didn't add anything like that just say "no" when it asks you, and then it'll upload it to Steam for you.

When that tagging issue happens, click on the Tags tab underneath the pictures, not the link in the admin box, and tag it from there. that's the only way I can tag any of mine.

Thanks! Worked perfectly. If I update the box that says Latest Version, is that what NMM uses to alert the user that a new version is present?