NWN2 Facelift Progress Thread

Xaltar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is going to take me a while for the next few updates, with Christmas coming I have a lot to do at home. The Half Orcs are coming along nicely but I am guessing they will likely not be ready for release before January. Rest assured this project is still going on and I am spending almost every free moment I have working on it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Soon hehe, I don't like posting updates at certain stages. There are phases in my workflow that can be misleading regarding how the finished model will look ;)

I have put the mod aside for a few weeks for the holidays so I can focus on family but I will be uploading an Xmas gift for the community in the next few days but I don't want to ruin the surprise so I will say no more (it is not part of my Facelift pack).

My Christmas gift is now up. I will likely update the documentation once I have a little more time on my hands but the files should work. The head is a little different from my facelift pack heads in that it is designed more for realism than to fit in with the existing art style so the proportions and textures will look a little out of place next to the vanilla models and my facelift heads.

Why?

Because I wanted to showcase both what NWN2 is capable of as well as my own skills. I used Makehuman to create a base head and then used that in Zbrush to create the base for the head in the SDK. I then did all the work needed to get it into NWN2 and released the source files for you all to enjoy and have a poke around at :) This project actually took longer than making a whole headpack seeing as I was trying to cram every last little detail I could into it as well as starting with a fresh base without textures or useable UVs (Makehuman has the head on the same UV as the body which is not a good idea for NWN2).

Now I will be on hiatus for a while with Xmas and new year but once things settle back to normal at home I will get back on the horse and finish up my Facelift pack :)

Enjoy the little gift guys and have a lovely holiday :)

First of all, happy Christmas ^^

And after that, thanks for the gift. You are doing a wonderful job. Have you ever thought about writing a small tutorial about the steps you are following for creating these new heads? It would be great!

Hehe it couldn't be small. I have been using 3ds max for almost 9 years ;) But I may write up something small about editing my sdk and making new variations ;)