Skyrim loads forever!

hemandude01

So, I've had this problem for a month and a half now, and had given up on Skyrim. But, I figured I'd take another wack at it before I put away my thuum forever. Here's the problem:

Skyrim is taking forever to load. 2-3 minute loading screens. I didn't play Skyrim for about a month, and when i went to play it again, I got this problem. I have fast saving times, however, loading still takes far longer than it used to.

I tried verifiying my cache. The game looked better, however, the loading screens didn't change.

What should I do?

So what I understand from you is that it does load, it just takes a long time to do so? HAve you read the pinned thread on this forum?

Have you shut down all background programs? (browswer, autoupdates, cloud sync, etc.) What are your computer specs?

Have you run BOSS and addressed any messages in the log it generates, including properly hand-placing any unrecognized mods?

Have you tried limiting your fps? If you are running at 30 fps, try moving it to 35, that helped some people.

Otherwise, can you post your mods in their load order (the BOSS log is a good way to do that)

Load order:

Riverhelm.esm

Playable Dremora Race

Alduin's son.esp

DPArmor.esp

AlduinWing.esp

BerserkerSword.esp

NewShout-Inferno Storm

Kynesguard/Daedra Hunter We...

Overlord Armor & Dungeon Boss

BecomeKingofRiverhelm.esp

That's the load order. Do you have a tutorial on how to do that with FPS and run BOSS?

its not an official solution but I think it should work: disable all mods, create a new save game, enable mods and then load the new save game. if thats not working you can add this to your skyrim.ini:

[Papyrus]

iMinMemoryPageSize=100000

iMaxMemoryPageSize=5000000

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=1800000000

thats helped me in solving the freezing problems, maybe that will fix you problem

^It's not really a freezing problem. Nothing is freezing up, just taking forever....

give it a try, it might help you, I had the exact same problem, I put this thins in my ini, in the same time I tried like 4 other method to solve the problem, and now its working. I dont know which method is the one that fixed the problem. give it a try if it didnt work just delete this

BOSS Download the one with the installer.Install and run the BOSS GUI. Make sure to click that you want it to generate the log in text, not html.

If you have never used anything to order your mods, that could be your issue right there.

You may be able to change your fps through your driver interface; what driver type do you have? You can also use something like FRAPS.

So those lines the other guy is talking about go under papyrus in your skyrim.ini-- the one in your documents folder, not the one in your data folder.

This is an example of mine. Remember to make a backup before changing your ini files.

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

iMinMemoryPageSize=100000

iMaxMemoryPageSize=6000000

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=3000000000