Why Would You Vote For This Man?

Jared2500

I've only got two things to say, hoots.

1) Using Obama's middle name in the manner you did indicates an extremely prejudiced attitude towards Muslims.

"I told my kids after the election that the good news is America has finally voted in it's first black president, it's been a long time coming.

And the bad news is that unfortunately it just so happens to be Barack Hussein Obama."

I see no prejudice, it's his name; George Walker Bush, am I being prejudice now? John Sidney McCain, how about now?

You seem to have a problem with it, not me.

You're purposefully calling attention to it. It is exactly the same as saying "John Sidney McCain," except for one little detail: you don't use McCain's middle name in everyday discussion.

2) We've been "spreading the wealth" for some time now. Reagan did it. McCain would have done it. Don't recite campaign slogans if you don't understand them.

Give an example and help me "understand" please.

Taxes. You give money to the government, which in turn uses it to fund programs that do not benefit you.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a child most people believe is not an actual person yet

The cause of most of the arguement - not all do.

At the end of the day YOU have no say over what a woman does with her body. Period.

I think you mean to say - "you should have no say".

For those who disagree with your first statement, its not just what a woman does with her body, its what she's doing with her, and her baby's, bodies.

No, friend, I meant what I said. You have no right what a woman does with her body. It is her BODY, her life, her health.

If people are so concerned about life, they should pour their energies into the abundance of life we already have in the world, many of whom are starving, etc. It should be nothing to do with you or anybody else what is going on with a woman and her body/pregnancy.

Perhaps if the day ever comes when it can be proven that an undeveloped fetus has sentience, things will change.

I've only got two things to say, hoots.

1) Using Obama's middle name in the manner you did indicates an extremely prejudiced attitude towards Muslims.

"I told my kids after the election that the good news is America has finally voted in it's first black president, it's been a long time coming.

And the bad news is that unfortunately it just so happens to be Barack Hussein Obama."

I see no prejudice, it's his name; George Walker Bush, am I being prejudice now? John Sidney McCain, how about now?

You seem to have a problem with it, not me.

You're purposefully calling attention to it. It is exactly the same as saying "John Sidney McCain," except for one little detail: you don't use McCain's middle name in everyday discussion.

2) We've been "spreading the wealth" for some time now. Reagan did it. McCain would have done it. Don't recite campaign slogans if you don't understand them.

Give an example and help me "understand" please.

Taxes. You give money to the government, which in turn uses it to fund programs that do not benefit you.

Ok the quote boxes are getting crazy here so I'm stopping

You said "You're purposefully calling attention to it. It is exactly the same as saying "John Sidney McCain," except for one little detail: you don't use McCain's middle name in everyday discussion."

I say: no I'm not and yes I would say John Sidney McCain to my children right after the election, it is showing a formal respect to that individual for just becoming President of the United States of America. But you go a head and read into it what ever you want, you will anyway.

Then you say "taxes", what an answer..

Reagan used taxes for the necessities and the military, he was not a big social spender.

As far as McCain goes, I guess we can't know for certain because he's not the President.

That's the whole point though isn't it, I don't want the government to steal my money and give it to someone else.

I've earned it though my own hard work and I want to decide who I give t to. not the government.

"That government is best which governs least".

You have no right what a woman does with her body

No mate, originally you said that you have "no say" - not "no right to say". Oftentimes they are different things.

What about the rights of the potential human being? They have no rights I guess do they?

While the same hypocritical people will turn around and defend rabbits and rats but care nothing of potential human beings, they treat them like garbage. They will even let fully delivered babies die of neglect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRpIf2F9NA

We are all monsters for allowing this murder and calling it choice.

You have no right what a woman does with her body

No mate, originally you said that you have "no say" - not "no right to say". Oftentimes they are different things.

What about the rights of the potential human being? They have no rights I guess do they?

While the same hypocritical people will turn around and defend rabbits and rats but care nothing of potential human beings, they treat them like garbage. They will even let fully delivered babies die of neglect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRpIf2F9NA

We are all monsters for allowing this murder and calling it choice.

Hoots, see my previous posts. Oh and get back to us when you are able to give birth and perhaps have more of a right to weigh in.

I suppose I'll leave the name discussion be; it's not going anywhere.

What you said about taxes really gets to the heart of the argument (though not in the way you intended).

Reagan used taxes for the necessities and the military, he was not a big social spender.

Who's to say what is a "necessity"? I would argue that many social programs are necessities. You, of course, would disagree. On the other hand, I would argue that the war in Iraq was not a necessity.

Any time the government does anything, they are using the resources of their citizens. Some citizens may not agree with the government's decisions. However, knowing what I do about people in general, I personally think it is better to be governed than to trust people with money.

My view on abortion: I personally oppose abortion. However, I do not believe that religiously-decided morality should be legislated.

Hoots, the bill you mention had extra crap on it that Obama did not want to support. Remember, during the campaign, when both candidates were throwing around voting stats? Both sets of stats were inflated because of complex bills filled with unnecessary legislation. It happens all the time. One party will right a bill that the other party would be willing to support. They then add all sorts of things not related to the original bill. When the bill doesn't pass, they blame the other party for actually reading the bill before they voted.

I'm pretty much a leftist, but what i don't agree with is all this bailout bs. Throwing away OUR money to bail these guys out. If we're really going to do this shouldn't we as American citizens be getting a piece of the company? Like divide up to 0.001 percent per person or something like that. Hey WE are after all bailing them out! I bet the senate never even considered that. Oh no screw the small guy vulk him give him the bill to pay with no assets to back it up. And now we are going to bailout the big three. Great. And how i hear the banks arn't really spending the money where they should. Giving people promotions going on vacations. What kind of bull poo is this? We're being robbed. And here is a vid of what is to come. It'll only get worse if we continue down our path.

Ron Paul makes a lot of points not talked about in the media. Where is this 700 billion really coming from? Are they creating it out of thin air? If so the value of the dollar will continue to go down. Creating 700 billion dollars out of thin air? Is that the solution? I gues the 100 dollar bill will become the 1 dollar bill after all this is said and done. Pfff. Either way it's not good. All the democrats WANT to bail these guys out. Gues what? It's not the answer! Like i said i'm a far leftist. I gues u can call me a democrat, but i don't consider myself one. That's my 2 cents. I'm sure Obama will follow his fellow party members and once he gets ellected we will get taxed like crazy. Or he'll just create money out of thin air. Yeah...that's the answer. Pff. All they're doing is prolonging the depression. George W. Bush's administration tried to prolong it long enough to make himself look good. Unfortunately, he came just a little bit short...making him look really really bad.

We can only hope that Obama will continue to surround himself with intelligent people of various different opinions. He's done so in the past; it seems he likes to hear all sides of the story before acting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, that's called cunning, heres why:

Obama only needs to appeal to the general audience who doesn't know much about politics, and then speak of change and promised benefits. But he didn't win by just being black heres why:

Obama himself represents change (when was the last time you saw a black president?), people sees this subliminally and think (Donno if there will be) there's gonna be a revolutions or something.

Obama won by appealing to the patriotic and nationalist values of American peple

Obama targets the working class, as well as appealing to the big multinationals, happy multinationals=bigger multinationals=for jobs for the working class

Obama took advantage of the economic crisis

Obama's method of winning is a lot like Hitler........

Hey don't get me wrong, but there is so much resemblance its scary.

Archived