new weapon

trebor_armbreaker

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Natsu666,

I noticed the original pic was signed by Lily. I sent you a pm with some questions.

As far as the chains, I don't have a problem building them, I am just concerned about a high concentration of polygons on the staff, causing alot of lag for some people. Right now, I am going to finish it without the chains. I may then add the chains, and test it out, as far as lag.

You could either build the chains per normal, which I guess you could do with down to 22 poly's a chain link or simply create them out of two sided single poly planes with a transparent texture.

However I gave the chains some thought myself and I probably wouldn't include them either. Not because of the polycount though (frostmourne=15k polygons, works fine for me), but because static chains would look weird on a moving item.

What's your polycount thus far anyway?

Hey ihateregisteringeverywhere,

the face count is 9222, using 4633 vertices. I agree about the chains not looking good, if they don't have physics, and had pm'd trebor_armbreaker about it.

I never have tried to figure that out yet. Actually the first weapon I ever built, was a morning star (spiked ball on a chain, for those who may not know), but I've let it sit in blender until I learn more, and can possibly make it really swing with character movement. I'll get back to it... I have different types of mods in the works at once, so I don't get bored working on the same thing everyday.

Thanks for the advice, but of course I've already converted it to triangles. I already have the staff in my game.. I posted some pics of it. I just have to make my texture and uv map it, which I do know how to do.

Thanks for the advice, but of course I've already converted it to triangles. I already have the staff in my game.. I posted some pics of it. I just have to make my texture and uv map it, which I do know how to do.
Oh right! Totaly forgot about the picture while writing that, sorry :).

hey friend, where have you posted those pictures you're talking about? Could you send a link please?? Thanks.

yeah i can't find where i got all the images from. im really mad. ill keep searching but i dont think to any avail. ik it was on the main guild wars site though.