Do you prefer quest/adventure mods lore friendly or not?

Pherion

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer quest/adventure mods lore friendly or not?

• YES! It must be always lore friendly!
    • I prefer lore friendly mods, but if it isn't and if it looks good, I'll play it!
    • I don't mind aslong it's good.
    • I hate lore friendly mods.

I voted for "lore-friendly" although it is indeed a term with a broad spread of meanings.

One of the interesting aspects of TES lore is that it isn't consistent--we have things like the Dragon Breaks and the Warp in the West. In a very real sense, TES lore is anti-realism at heart. Lore is the struggle to realize that lore is an imaginative framework to enhance pleasure when playing a game.

However most of the characters in the game don't know or understand a lot of the lore. They've read some histories, heard a few bard songs, viewed some maps, seen what they've seen. So when it comes to "lore" I mainly look for mods that make an effort to fit into the world as those characters on the ground see it.

(The exception to this is are total conversion mods, which are just using the game engine to create a whole new gameworld--I'm cool with that, too.)

Edited by DreamKingMods

Thank you all for the awesome comments and votes. The voting is speaking for itself at the moment. :)

Kepp them coming as I will keep this going for atleast 2 more days. :)

And after this poll we might just announce our mod here on the forum to see if people are definetly interested. :)

Edited by Pherion