Infinite Load Times

xNodus

Why are my mods raping skyrim?

I've made a couple threads last week, about load times, and I haven't really gotten an answer.

This issue is present on two computers, my desktop and laptop, and I'm using almost the same mods, but on my desktop I've uninstalled most of my mods and only kept the essentials. The game either loads in ~5 minutes, or not at all. Off the top of your heads, what usually causes infinite load times?

Let's review what we know: in vanilla skyrim (real vanilla, has not seen a mod ever) the load times are "normal", aye?

In your game, the load times are messed up, both on the machine which has a bunch of mods and on the machine which has "only the essentials" (whatever that means for you)

It's tempting at this point to think that something in "the essentials" are the cause. Could well be.

But as a test, you could try loading the game and at the title screen open the console and coc somewhere you know gives you load-time grief.

If it loads quickly, then there's likely something messed up in your savegame(s)

If it shows the same issue, then there's likely something in your essential mod list which is causing this, and you'll have to investigate further, disabling essential mods & testing (load, play, observe)

It's a slow process, but better than a non-working skyrim.

Actually when I click continue it doesn't even get to the loading screen tips and stuff. All it does is continue spraying smoke across the screen. And the weird thing is most of my mods are armor/weapon mods, not heavy-script mods for immersion or anything. BTW, when I mean load times, I meant the actual loading of the savegame, not loading objects in game like entering a city or a house. These aprox. take ~10 seconds. The thing that's pissing me off is that I uninstall skyrim and reinstall it with the mods and it works flawlessly. Then when I try to load the savegame -- an hour after closing it, it starts going apeshit.

Edit 1: After removing about 5 non-gear mods like Birds of Skyrim and Faster Woodland Creatures, skyrim crashes pre-main menu.

Edit 2: The mod at fault for my pre-main menu crash was Faster Woodland Creatures

Why the hell?

Edit 3: I tried to load the savegame right before the most current which took less than 20 seconds to load. I tried to switch between the 2nd one and the current one in game and it took less than 2 seconds. After closing and re-opening the game it took exactly 24 seconds. (I counted.)

Edited by xNodus