A proper beginning to the game

Echelon117

I hope I'm not the only one who felt that XCOM had no real great beginning? In the tutorial you go to germany after the cinematic plays which is ok.. Not a terrible start to the game.

On higher difficulty without the tutorial the opening cinematic plays and then suddenly you are on the skyranger touching down at an alien abduction site... The debriefer says "We are landing in ...... as there is alien activity being reported in the area." For me this game the xcom project no sense of a beginning. Its as though they have always existed?

While there the annoying german scientist woman make a vague remark to "Alien life on planet Earth.. Ve are vwitnessing somsing never seen before in history".

Thats it? Thats our grand introduction?

Something is missing for me. Even the trailer does a better job of introducing the game with the news reporter.. Hopefully someone agrees and makes a new beginning mod!

• 3 weeks later...
I agree. The story is crap, i cant get into the feeling at all. It just makes no sense, until the last mission where the big boss tells you why they came - and the reason just makes them seem reeealy stupid - stone age stupid. Otherwise love the game, the original was the first game i ever played:)