Would like to add some weapon smithing items

Nuncio

I have some ideas for some additional weapons I'd like to add.

I'm not super clear on what it takes to make such a mod, but I have the ideas, and can do a bit of 3d modeling.

I'm not sure how the engine handles textures, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

If someone would like to work with me on adding a line of weapons and their smithing recipes, let me know.

Heres a quick pudao I made. I'd spend a lot more time on actual models if someone wanted to do the import/export/code stuff for the mod.

I tried the full editor button to add another quick 3d model, but it didn't work (it just tried to make a new post anyway).

I'm serious about doing the modeling and such, as well as the recipes, for adding a large array of interesting weapons to the smithing ability.

Here's a quick khopesh, another weapon I'd like to add.

You may be able to do it yourself. I made a sword for Second Life that I redid for Skyrim and after a couple of attempts got it into Skyrim using the tutorials below. I used 3DS Max 2010 and Photoshop CS5 to create the mesh and textures. With the first four videos do click "Show More" for the full video description because he has links for things you will need to use like NIFskope and the FO3 Archive Utility.

This ones in four parts:

This one helped me take the files I created using the videos above and create the sword using the Skyrim Creation Kit. It walks you through the steps as well but in less detail for making the weapon.

You may be able to do it yourself. I made a sword for Second Life that I redid for Skyrim and after a couple of attempts got it into Skyrim using the tutorials below. I used 3DS Max 2010 and Photoshop CS5 to create the mesh and textures. With the first four videos do click "Show More" for the full video description because he has links for things you will need to use like NIFskope and the FO3 Archive Utility.

This ones in four parts:

This one helped me take the files I created using the videos above and create the sword using the Skyrim Creation Kit. It walks you through the steps as well but in less detail for making the weapon.

Thanks Jennifur68, I'll check those out.