More themes to buy for your house/town.

JFSOCC

I'm not particularly patient when it comes to learning editing software, so I was hoping I'm not the only one who is underwhelmed with the amount of choices for decorating your own home.

While most themes come with some gear, and usable stuff, I know it will be difficult for people who do make new themes not to make it overpowered, or to make it too cheap. if anyone feels like they can, and want to work on my request, please keep that in mind.

---------

a suggestion for a theme which I had in mind (I have the megaton house) was white marble floor, clean look. potted plants and flowers in the corners. cabinets of polished wood (taking the place of the lockers). mural with bright day landscape. paintings (maybe as object to be bought) and a big mirror in the room next to your bed. whitewashed walls with small alcoves (could be filled with flowers, or a shrine to atom, who knows?)

make it expensive, as it VERY expensive. this stuff I reckon is not just lying around a desert wasteland.

as for gear, a walk-in closet next to the mirror with some armour, and some apparel that looks really good on you (possibly as extra improvement) and gives small bonuses to charisma/barter/persuasion.

silenced sniper rifle w ammo

silenced 10mm pistol w ammo

----------

another suggestion is that you could spend money (and perhaps add quests to make it a little more likely) to improve the town (again, note I have the megaton house, I'm led to believe that the penthouse is not in a town) make the walls of stone, clean the walkways and cobble them, add railings to the stairs and walkways. make a small marking around the bomb (and paint it) to signify where the radiation would kick in. tile the roofs of houses, reinforce them with stone. clean up the signs, etc etc.

this could be endgame content. a sort of "cleaning up and rebuilding the wastelands" endgame questline

Very nice mod idea. Unfortunately, this is really something that requires the CS as far as I know. But having someone (i.e. your character) take the initiative in helping to make life better in an otherwise rather rundown town seems pretty plausible.

But having someone (i.e. your character) take the initiative in helping to make life better in an otherwise rather rundown town seems pretty plausible.

It would be cool if after upgrading the town u would get to be mayor or something of the town

And you could make the town and surroundings prettier and bigger. (think of increasing megaton's size to add a second circle, because more people flock to the city.

and you could make it look like you please. various styles would ensure it gets a personal look. you could go for arabian nights, roman pillars, japanese wood (or whatever, I'm just spitballing) or a combination

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this is a shameless bump on the argument that when I made this thread there were a lot less people on this forum, and the game had been out only 3 days. now there are a lot more here, and maybe more people with the ability and want to do something about it.

besides, this topic has no duplicates as far as I'm aware.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...