NWN2DB Funding

GFallen

The NWN2DB is widely used amongst NWN2 players to plan ahead their characters. However, recently there were some severe issues with the site. Here is a follow-up:

http://nwn2db.freeforums.org/nwn2db-funding-t208.html

Maybe we could mark this in some special way, because this is about the continued availability of NWN2DB.

Mick has just moved the site to a new, dedicated server, which should see some improvement from there being issues with certain times of day. He is going to experiment this week to see what level of resources the DB needs to run that bit more smoothly.

Note that this change has increased his costs, and any upgrade would increase them further. He hasn't had a donation forever. I'm going to make one, but I thought I'd make a plea on here, and maybe elsewhere for donations from anyone who can afford to make one.

I haven't floated it across Mick's bow yet, but I was thinking that anyone makes a donation can make a suggestion for an improvement to the site. We'll then let Mick know our top wishes.

Feel free to spread the message across anywhere that people make use of the site.

Edited by GFallen