What Difficulty level do you play on?

DavidWhitefang

On my first game, without any significant gameplay affecting mod, I continuously increased it as I became more and more powerful, but in the end it became quite boring the same so I moved to an unenchanted sword.

This time, I started over again with OOO, the standard difficulty is challenging enough, as I die a lot, so I keep it like this.

I play Mages and Rangers on default difficulty and Melee Characters on the hardest. I have to confess that I have been unable to defeat Mankar at the hardest setting. For Mankar I resort to 'default' to kick his arse (and even then I binge drink health potions) and then it's all the way over to the right again. I like hardest because it seems to me that I do more damage at that setting but, similarly, my enemies appear to knock the bejeezerz out of me too. All good stuff ....

I've set the difficulty just above halfway. It's challenging but not frustrating, which is perfect for me. You wont believe the amount of things on my desk i've obliterated in a gaming rage :ermm:

Har, that's why about the only things I keep on my desk is my mountain of mountain dew cans. Their light enough to throw a distance, but won't break anything they hit!

That said, I play with FCOM (minus Warcry, whenever I tried to add that things would go Kaputz) with my difficulty slider at about 75% for characters after level 10. Before that it's at normal since usually I end up dying about fifty times in the first twenty minutes. :D

I've set the difficulty just above halfway. It's challenging but not frustrating, which is perfect for me. You wont believe the amount of things on my desk i've obliterated in a gaming rage :ermm:

Har, that's why about the only things I keep on my desk is my mountain of mountain dew cans. Their light enough to throw a distance, but won't break anything they hit!

That said, I play with FCOM (minus Warcry, whenever I tried to add that things would go Kaputz) with my difficulty slider at about 75% for characters after level 10. Before that it's at normal since usually I end up dying about fifty times in the first twenty minutes. :D

Hehe, I've recently invested in a stress ball so whenever Im overcome by a rage I just grab the ball and squeeze the crap out of it until I've cooled off! 8)

Used to play on max all the way when I had the "endless rings and amulets" mod about a year ago. On my current character, I had the setting on 52%, and raising 2% every level I get. That way by 25 it'll be on max. So far it goes well, not too easy, not too difficult. Can get quite annoying at times as my comp is crap and my FPS drops to 10-15 with more than 1 enemy. Same inside most cities.

The first time I played without any mods and I used the default setting. My characters tend to become overly indestructible and I often bump up the difficulty. The last few games I have set the difficulty at about three quarters of the bar but I still play around with it a certain times. I had a one shot kill spell that actually dropped Mherunes Dagon but I couldn't get Martian through the battle alive, I had to drop the difficulty level in order to have him survive long enough to reach the temple. Yeah, yeah, I cheated but it was funny when Dagon dropped to the ground, blocking the way. I had to wait for him to wake up and get out of the way.

I began playing Oblivion on the default setting... it was challenging...

But after I discovered one of my favorite mods, which is Exnems Rune Skulls, I've played on the most difficult level, from character creation to present, and will continue to do so...

It is much more challenging, especially in the beginning... suddenly the the npc's comments of. 'I've fought mudcrabs harder than you!', make sense. For me, it helps to balance out the mods that would make me to powerful, later on.

So, I'm curious if others do the same... or if you're content with the default level...?

Of course if this has been asked before... redirect me please.

I like Exnem's Rune Skulls, but I've never really understood the mentality behind their enchantments. It's always something like 10 points damage health for 50 seconds. Way overpowered stuff.

Archived