⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Is it possible to make a mod to use Skyrim's built in Levitation?

hemonecrophagia

Is it possible to make a mod that utilizes Skyrims built in levitation, just float around and shoot spells like the enemies or vampire lord does themselves without being a vampire?

Levitation is not a "Skyrim built in", it's nothing but animations where the actor is moved up on the z-axis.

With that in mind, could we not achieve the same thing with a modified skeleton to be used with a duplicate race that the player would be switched to with a scripted spell? I know the duplicate race switch is fairly easy to set up. Could we achieve levitation with a modified Skeleton? What do you think fore?

Is it possible to make a mod that utilizes Skyrims built in levitation, just float around and shoot spells like the enemies or vampire lord does themselves without being a vampire?

Levitation is not a "Skyrim built in", it's nothing but animations where the actor is moved up on the z-axis.

With that in mind, could we not achieve the same thing with a modified skeleton to be used with a duplicate race that the player would be switched to with a scripted spell? I know the duplicate race switch is fairly easy to set up. Could we achieve levitation with a modified Skeleton? What do you think fore?

But that doesn't help very much. You need different animations anyway, otherwise you would walk in air. But when you have animations (like the Hoover animations, or Magistrate Levitate) then you simply use FNIS PCEA2.

that animation on the adjusted z-axis is the levitation, that's what im wanting, animation and collisions used for the player alone to float around like the vampire lord.

Now I know what your saying, by all technicality's you have not truly left the ground, your player just appears to be floating, and that's what im wanting to recreate, whats already in the game that's being used by several in game races.

that animation on the adjusted z-axis is the levitation, that's what im wanting, animation and collisions used for the player alone to float around like the vampire lord.

Now I know what your saying, by all technicality's you have not truly left the ground, your player just appears to be floating, and that's what im wanting to recreate, whats already in the game that's being used by several in game races.

I'm not reall sure if I really understan what you are saying here. But there is not "that" animation which creates levitation. It has to be added toe EACH AND EVERY animation where the actor moves.

THe dragon priest has 4 walk animations. mt_walk_f.hkx, mt_walk_b.hkx, mt_walk_l.hkx, mt_walk_r.hkx. Each of them has the adjusted z-axis. Same for run, and all the others. That's not something you can take over to characters. They have totally different animations.

Making the z-axis change is a piece of cake. Or actually it WOULD be a piece of cake if it wouldn't be so hard in Skyrim to make animations.

I'm not reall sure if I really understan what you are saying here. But there is not "that" animation which creates levitation. It has to be added toe EACH AND EVERY animation where the actor moves.

THe dragon priest has 4 walk animations. mt_walk_f.hkx, mt_walk_b.hkx, mt_walk_l.hkx, mt_walk_r.hkx. Each of them has the adjusted z-axis. Same for run, and all the others. That's not something you can take over to characters. They have totally different animations.

Making the z-axis change is a piece of cake. Or actually it WOULD be a piece of cake if it wouldn't be so hard in Skyrim to make animations.

Im referring to the combination of all the above to give the illusion of player levitation, without transforming into another creature, so everything stays the same look wise you just appear to be floating around, I am pretty much wanting this to use either a spell or a power as a transformation.

but pretty much your saying I would need to make my own animations(or get permission to use someone else's) to use, along with adjusting the Z-axis?

Because that makes it a lot simpler, putting aside the pain of creating new animations of course. :happy: