SAS vs. Navy Seals

wesaynothin

Who would win in a timed obstacle course along with hosties?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a timed obstacle course along with hosties?

• SAS
    • Navy Seals
    • The terrorists. They both suck.

Being from the states, I'd have to say the SEALs. They are experts in countless weapons, hand to hand combat included (their hands ARE weapons), as well as the training to fight in almost any terrain to name a few things. Motto= "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"

The SAS (special air service) are just fancy paratroopers in my opinion . Stick to your snipers britain. :P Motto="He Who Dares, Wins"

Terrorists are just fanatical (:whistling: <-- smokin somethin serious), which may make them seem fearless (though some may be). They aren't nearly as efficient as SEALs or SAS troopers. Maybe if there's a great number of them and they're all on speed they could take on a few SEALs or SAS. Motto= "AHHH JIHAD!"

SAS

Entrance Procedure:

No 3 is the MOE man and provides an entry

No 2 throws a stungrenade with CS or CR gas

No 1 goes in first, followed by No 2

No 3 and 4 are for backup, in case of injuries or weapon stoppages

Room clearing is done "normally" under 4 seconds.

http://www.gatewaysc.org/u/gateway/aaron.h/CRW-bus.jpg

^

|

|

|

How can you say SAS wouldn't win?

(p.s., I am from the States too)

SEALs

Uhh, that bus isn't in motion. :huh: They are just rappeling from a chinook. SWAT could do that, let alone SEALs. Here Notice the boat and helo are moving ;) . Yes, SAS is better than most other elite forces, but they still don't compare to the SEALs IMHO. They're more versitile (SEa Air Land...) I have always thought of the SAS as a mix between a paratrooper and a SWAT trooper and thats all. Whereas SEALs are a mix of pretty much everything.

got news for ya, its all about the seals. Seals have access to alot more than you reralize and have more training than people realize. I, personaly am in the air force and knw a few seals, a very rare breed of insanity bravery and skill. One heck of a cross breed.

(and people who say terrorists are fooling themselves)

42 push-ups, followed by a two-minute rest - 50 sit-ups, followed by a two-minute rest - 8 pull-ups, followed by a 10-minute rest - 1.5 mile run in less than 11 1/2 minutes

I looked at the seal site, what it this crap? My standards in the navy are higher and I'm not a seal. Anyway I have talked to some seals and they don't tend to go into too much detail about thier jobs. The rumors that thier wimps, I'd say false, the ones I've seen are very much in shape, I don't think I could beat one up. When thier on my ship they ushally have a M-4 carbine or MP-5 sub machine gun, And they have all kinds of high tech gear on them. The job looks fun but too damn hard. I don't know witch one would win, it would depend on the experience of the soldiers and thier enviroment and situation. The terrorist however have already met them on the battle field, they didn't win, not one.

I have always thought of the SAS as a mix between a paratrooper and a SWAT trooper and thats all.

Eerm, if that's genuinely true, then I suggest you read the webpage wesaynothin linked to. The name of the SAS (Special Air Service for those who don't know) is a complete misnomer. It came from the fact that, when it was formed during WW2, it was seen as a total waste of time, manpower and resources, so, in order that it performed some sort of function, it was called the Special Air Service Brigade in order to try to fool the Germans into thinking it was a full brigade instead of a relatively small group of men. In fact, it is an elite group recruited from the best that the British armed forces have to offer capable of carrying out covert and not so covert operations of many types under practically any conditions and on practically any terrain you care to name, and can carry out land, sea and air ops. It is widely regarded as certainly one of the best, if not THE best, special forces groups in the entire world, and this is by other armed forces, not just people who don't really know what they're talking about.

Well then, I've been misinformed. I apologize to any SAS troopers who may have been offended... Though I still hold my standing that the SEALs are better, my respect for the SAS went up a few notches.

And Acrid, I agree, those standards are screwed up. Immensely. 1.5 mile run in less than 11 1/2 minutes.... :lol: - I just looked at the site, and if i'm looking at the same thing you are those are the requirements to be considered for training if I'm right. Thats what it looks like but I'm not sure. Thats pretty sad either way...even wearing boots...

I remember in boot camp I tried out the seal test just to see what it was like, I wasn't actualy trying to become one. I ran and did crazy up and down body droping exercises, and then we went swimming. Keep in mind this was just for the basic requirments. Sure you might meet all those standards, but when you do them all over and over and over and nobody cares about the standards you don't stop until they tell you, then it's hard. I did fine until the swimming part, I guess I would be a Navy al. If they did eccept me I would have turned it down. I am a creative person, a seal life is not for me. But the standard navy req's are higher than that site really. Even though I never did seal training, navy boot camp will push you to your limits just the same, at least when I went, now it's all tennis shoes and walking between battle stations, wussies.

Oh BTW, anyone that want to join the military in search of becoming a spec op, make sure you are perfectly healthy, have no social life because a special warfare group becomes your new social life, make sure you are not the artistic type you will be in hell, you must be able to put your self in the state of mind that you are a living weapon, and not subject to the laws of human limits, in other words you must be a psychopath.

I hear SAS boot camp is so hard people often die in the training. Thats no biggy, sombody died when I in bootcamp, his mother died, and he got to take leave for the funral(sp?) then they made him come back, he hung himself.

We forgot the Russian Spetnaz, I hear thier tough.

Edit*I knew I spelled Psychopath wrong, and I call my self a American.

Well then, I've been misinformed. I apologize to any SAS troopers who may have been offended... Though I still hold my standing that the SEALs are better, my respect for the SAS went up a few notches.

Hey, misinformation is easy to sort out - just read. :P

Hmm, a fight between Navy SEALs and the SAS would really be one hell of a battle. Unless they did it as a covert op, in which case no-one would know it's happening. :lol:

Oh BTW, anyone that want to join the military in search of becoming a spec op, make sure you are perfectly healthy, have no social life because a special warfare group becomes your new social life, make sure you are not the artistic type you will be in hell, you must be able to put your self in the state of mind that you are a living weapon, and not subject to the laws of human limits, in other words you must be a pychopath.

Well, there was a TV programme shown fairly recently over here in the UK investigating connections and similarities between Victoria Cross winners that basically said that the people most likely to be heroes on battlefields have the same sort of mindset as psychotic killers.

Archived