Tiny Homes Made of Pine Trees

autumnsky38

Hi everyone. You know how there are many "half-trees" around Skyrim----they look like the bottom of a larger tree wtih a jagged top? Well, I've always wanted to live in one---assuming a little home could be made inside of these little guys. :) I'd love to somehow be able to enter it and then the inside could be larger than it looks from the outside with lots of candles, a table, a few books, a small bed or bedroll and maybe even a little chest. If anyone is interested in making such a thing I'd love to hear from you----and I'll be eagerly waiting to climb in there and hide from the rest of the world when it's done! :)

Thanks so much,

Tracy

LOL Okay well I've never made a mod so I have no idea of how interiors are made. But I was hoping that a character and a few items could fit inside assuming that the interior could be made larger than the exterior. If not, no harm done, I just love the idea of living in a little tiny space, that's all. :)

Tracy

Just joking around Tracy. The tree stump would need some kind of activator (a lever, a button) or load door which would take you to a new cell (like when you open a door in a city the game loads a new cell, usually the inside of a building), this cell can be as large or small as you like. You just say "well it takes you underground and there is a slightly larger room there".

I think it's a neat idea, but I'm in the middle of building a dungeon crawler. I hope someone else takes you up on this idea, or if not, I may be willing to have a go when I get stuck on this blasted dungeon which I probably will at some point.

There's no reason (in terms of CK mechanics) why the inside couldn't be bigger than the outside. I'm assuming that Ghosu was hoping for more of a RP explanation: will you be pretending that your character shrinks? Will you be playing as a tiny custom race to begin with (there were these weird "mini" races for Oblivion - anthropomorphic bunnies, squirrels, etc.)? Does the tree stump defy the laws of physics? How the frak do you see this being explained? :)

All that said, I think that if someone were to take this on and do a half-decent job of it, it would definitely be a unique and popular player home. It would probably be something of a niche mod, but it would still be nice to see something different than the standard "four walls and a roof" approach.

You can easily do that yourself, as he already mentioned...just check out a creation kit tutorial on youtube or CK WIKI "How to build a house", it's quite the same process and you don't need any previous knowledge. Just replace the normal door with something else, place it in front of such a tree and when you activate it you enter the new cell that is build up like a normal new room.

And i didn't take that serious, i even don't care 'bout RP or lore...it just sounded funny :D

I would like to see something like that in combination with your pant's pocket, would be an awesome home ^^

Edited by ghosu

Okay, yeah, so I got tired of messing around with the imperial dungeon kit for a bit and I thought this sounded like fun so I decided to have a go at this too.

My interpretation of tiny tree home:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25631

You can find it on the path between Whiterun and Riverwood near the water, a hidden doorway next to (surprise) a tree stump will let you in.

Or if you're impatient or can't find it open the console (~) and coc tinytreehome.

http://i45.tinypic.com/f1z310.jpg