How do I find put mods in mod position with Oblivion Mod Manager?

Jimmakosjim

A picture tells more than a thousand words:

2097-1-1192807416.jpg

This is what OBMM looks like. Left-hand is a panel containing all plugins/masterfiles inside your Data folder in loading order, ready to be manipulated by enabling/disabling and moving up/down. Right-hand panel contains all OMODs you inserted into OBMM, ready to be installed/uninstalled/messed with.

Big difference to some other mod managers: The order in which the OMODs are shown here is most likely simply alphabetical and cannot be changed. OBMM, unlike some other managers, doesn't manage "install" order. This can only be maintained by uninstalling and reinstalling OMODs in order, if needed.

If you don't see this, then you're not using the Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) but another mod manager we don't yet know the identity of.

Can you give me a link from where you downloaded this OBMM? I 've been searching for months and I can't find it.

Could be related to this (which circles back to my query on where the game is installed) ... from the file obmm.chm again:

Limited users
If you are logged on to your computer as a limited user and oblivion is installed somewhere to which you don't have write access, such as the program files folder, then obmm will start up in a special limited user mode. You have access to the save manager, bsa browser and conflict detector, and can check/uncheck esps. You have no access to your omod collection, any of obmm's settings or any other features.
Running in this way completely removes your ability to install mods. If you want to install and use mods as a limited user then oblivion must be installed somewhere to which limited users have write access. C:\Games\oblivion is a common choice.

Could be related to this (which circles back to my query on where the game is installed) ... from the file obmm.chm again:

Limited users
If you are logged on to your computer as a limited user and oblivion is installed somewhere to which you don't have write access, such as the program files folder, then obmm will start up in a special limited user mode. You have access to the save manager, bsa browser and conflict detector, and can check/uncheck esps. You have no access to your omod collection, any of obmm's settings or any other features.
Running in this way completely removes your ability to install mods. If you want to install and use mods as a limited user then oblivion must be installed somewhere to which limited users have write access. C:\Games\oblivion is a common choice.

So I 'll have to uninstall and re-install the game again.

Yes.

It s fairly common for games to run fine in the UAC protected locations until you try to mod the game ... then UAC "protects" you from the changes you are trying to make to the game (or in this instance the tool you wish to use to install your mods detects the path you are on and gives you no option except insatll in a modded game friendly location like C:\Games).

Yes.

It s fairly common for games to run fine in the UAC protected locations until you try to mod the game ... then UAC "protects" you from the changes you are trying to make to the game (or in this instance the tool you wish to use to install your mods detects the path you are on and gives you no option except insatll in a modded game friendly location like C:\Games).

Ok, I re-installed Oblivion and I installed OBMM in the directory that you instructed me. But I still have a limited license OBMM. Do you think I should re-install OBMM, while having the UAC deactivated?

No I don't want to suggest that. UAC has it's uses and does protect you somewhat from having your Windows install damaged by all those folks out there who live to do stuff like that.

What version of Windows are you using, and as well are you using the Steam, GOG or disk version of the game? Could be that you have some leftover registry entries that are still being seen by the OBMM installer or something similar.

It's a bit outdated now, but have a look through Bbens Complete Uninstall/Reinstall for Oblivion and see if you see any suggestions there that may apply to your situation.