A few ideas

TheRealHawkblade555

IDEA 1: OK so i have read in many places that the story is short and what not so i was thinking what if there was a mod to make it so you can play after the game ends and just fight pockets of aliens that are left on earth. or make it a new mode all together where there is no goal but to fight (this means no game over and no council fear raising) that way you can just play until the cows come home making pigs fly causing hell to freeze over

IDEA 2: another would be to add more squads other than the one you control and what this would do is with the officer school that you get upgrades you could buy the ability to have more squads that require a Captain for each new squad as the leader and you could build more of the drop ships in engineering this would allow you to send out squads to deal with things you don't want to or if it is an abduction with 3 places you could do all 3 by sending out squads to the ones you are not doing.

IDEA 3: now this ties into more game play add more research and foundry projects and maybe fine away to make the base larger or be able to send Colonels to found other bases and give you more to upgrade

I like the idea of needing a Captain or Colonel to add a second squad.

Maybe something like this:

Foundry:

"Upgrade Hanger" | Cost: 250 ~ 500 | Upgrades the hanger to allow a second Skyranger

"Upgrade Skyranger" | Cost: 500+ | Allow second squad in skyranger

OTS:

"Bravo Squads" | Cost: 175 | Adds a second squad to the rooster, starts with 4 men | Needs a Captain |

"Bravo Squads I" | Cost: 175 ~ 250 | 5 men team

"Bravo Squads II" | Cost: 175 ~ 250 | 6 men team

Engineering:

"Second Skyranger" | Cost: ??? | Build a second skyranger

=========================================================

I dont think having more bases would work in Xcom, the systeem needs to be more like Ufo Aftershock for that.