BOSS Reporting Dirty Edits

StayFrosty05

I just found this in my BOSS Mods rundown....ran the BOSS because my game just very recently starting CTD'ing and this came up....I am Tech-No_Logic and am have great difficulty understanding the instructions....Would just deleting my latest mods and doing a clean save possibly resolve this issue for me?

"These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

Skyrim.esm Active

Update.esm Active

Contains dirty edits: 50 ITM, 1 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (Cleaning guide)"

Those are false positives. Update.esm is Bethesda's patch file, so it naturally makes changes to Skyrim.esm as does Dawnguard and Hearthfires.

I just found this in my BOSS Mods rundown....ran the BOSS because my game just very recently starting CTD'ing and this came up....I am Tech-No_Logic and am have great difficulty understanding the instructions....Would just deleting my latest mods and doing a clean save possibly resolve this issue for me?

"These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

Skyrim.esm Active

Update.esm Active

Contains dirty edits: 50 ITM, 1 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. (Cleaning guide)"

Those are false positives. Update.esm is Bethesda's patch file, so it naturally makes changes to Skyrim.esm as does Dawnguard and Hearthfires.

So false positive - does that mean I can ignore them. I had also been crashing but found information about some of the hair mods, deleated the ones I don't use and my crash stopped.. so far.

I'm pretty sure the dirty edit notification is nothing more than a suggestion from BOSS, like all those little bash tag suggestions. It's not an actual warning or something you have to do, it's just a notification for someone who might be concerned with it. We've gone nearly a year without this, so you'll be fine ignoring it.

I decided to take the plunge and use TES5Edit to clean Upate.esm,Dawnguard.esm and Hearthfire.esm,followed the instructions for automated cleaning on the CKWiki and now BOSS reports no errors.

I made sure to make a backup of these files before starting the cleaning - in addition TES5Edit also makes backups of the files being cleaned as a part of the process.

So far the game has been running very nicely - before cleaning I was getting a fair few instances of saves refusing to load resulting in ctd.These ctds were not related to missing masters - using same mod list and load order from start of current char to now.Since cleaning I haven't had a single instance of ctd.So far so good.

The general consensus seems to be that the errors in Update,DG and HF really do need to be cleansed and I certainly have no regrets about having done so.

could u please make a video tutorial of the cleaning procedure.I know its somehow explained in the wiki page but somehow I dont get it.

A step by step tutorial would be nice.Im getting the update esm thing too from boss.

http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannt9xzi3.jpg

Edited by DiaBLoW666

@DiaBLoW666 - sadly I know next to nothing about creating and editing video footage - just a lowly mod user and mod author (for private use) here.

Keep an eye on the CKWiki pages as they are being constantly updated and I know that Sharlikran is working on an in depth tutorial for first time users.

Also check this thread on the Bethesda Forums for a place to ask specific questions about mod cleaning.

I also think that Gopher is working on a couple of video tutorials - they should be out in a couple of weeks I would guess.I am fairly certain these will be highlighted on the Site News Tab when they are available but it is also worth checking out Gopher's You-Tube Channel as the tutorials are likely to be released there first.

@DiaBLoW666 - sadly I know next to nothing about creating and editing video footage - just a lowly mod user and mod author (for private use) here.

Keep an eye on the CKWiki pages as they are being constantly updated and I know that Sharlikran is working on an in depth tutorial for first time users.

I also think that Gopher is working on a couple of video tutorials - they should be out in a couple of weeks I would guess.I am fairly certain these will be highlighted on the Site News Tab when they are available but it is also worth checking out Gopher's You-Tube Channel as the tutorials are likely to be released there first.

Link to an excellent post by Sharlikran, helping a user to troubleshoot his mod installation with TES5Edit:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/808774-tes5edit-experimental-is-now-available-for-experience-testers-to-try-o/page__view__findpost__p__6499203

Also check this thread on the Bethesda Forums for a place to ask specific questions about mod cleaning.

there are free screen to video capture softwares which record your desktop but I can also wait for those tutorials to be published.thx 4 the links.

there are free screen to video capture softwares which record your desktop but I can also wait for those tutorials to be published.thx 4 the links.

Unfortunately I will not be doing much of any thing Skrim related for the next few days as my PSU decided to viciously slay my motherboard earlier today,hopefully my CPU and GPU haven't been trashed too.