Xcom and Blender?

Caiman

Now that we can export meshes and textures... I found this:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Import-Export/Unreal_psk_psa

I´ll take a look and tell you if I get it working.

I got several errors(only brushed over the distracting file location):

Does anyone else model with Blender? Knows how to get around those errors?

Edited by Caiman

If your still checking out answears for this then heres my two cents.

Looks like the error was because of an invalid ID in the script, the file type didn't match the scripts expected polygon value.

This may be better idea for an older version of blender, one of the 2.5's.

The meshes and textures are really easy to get in and out of 3ds max if you are able to use it instead. The problem you're going to run into is how to get the .psk files back into a working .upk that you can XShape into the game. I've been :wallbash: with that for about 3 days now. Textures you can get into the game with a program called Texmod but I have made no progress with mesh replacing.

I know there isn't a ton of interest in modding meshes or textures here but if If you or any one else has any ideas about it I am 100 % ears and would appreciate any suggestions at all,

What I am basically saying is....

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!

Edited by Guest

The meshes and textures are really easy to get in and out of 3ds max if you are able to use it instead. The problem you're going to run into is how to get the .psk files back into a working .upk that you can XShape into the game. I've been :wallbash: with that for about 3 days now.

I know there isn't a ton of interest in modding meshes or textures here...

Dude, texturing is just about the only thing I care about in modding.

You are right though, 3ds max (or Maya, not my department though) is the best software for this project. I told Caiman about 2.5 cause it sounded like he hadn't any autodesk programs.

So far my progress is nill on import and export, so I've been pre-building models and experimenting with messing around the engine values (that's what all the "super modders" are doing right now)

So to wrap this topic up, until somebody makes a tool for the import/export, and plug-in for the models, were dead in the water. When we figure out mesh editing for X-com though, any blender used will probably need to be 2.5 since it has a wider range of stable import scripts.

Daemonjax figured out a loophole in this topic

Edited by Tayot84

Daemonjax figured out a loophole in this topic

Yeah, Daemonjax's Xshape is awesome, definately a huge boost to the modding community. While that lets us put modded .upks into the game, we still have the problem of getting the modified .psk files into a working .upk so that it can be XShaped into the game. I think it's going to involve learning the UDK, which Im slowly working on, while I beg for help in the Epicgames forums.

Good to know somebody else here in interested in mesh and texture editing!