rocket distance

Ichthyic

OK, I tried changing rocket launcher "range", first to 37 from 27, then up to 50.

doesn't seem to affect how far rockets can travel.

anyone found where to control this? I always find rockets are about 3 tiles short of where I'd like them to be for range.

That's hilarious. :-) I too always find that my rockets are THREE TILES too short to reach the target!

I wonder if they did that deliberately just to tease us?

a lot of seemingly "odd" choices are there for legitimate gameplay reasons. grenade range and rocket range being two key ones.

did you look at my first post?

changing the irange to 100 didn't even change the rocket range that I could see.

I even tried 300 just for fun.

nothing.

Probably because IRange doesnt control shot range of the weapon by itself.. it'l be hardcoded somewhere else, alongside # of grenades, # of rockets etc.

did you look at my first post?

changing the irange to 100 didn't even change the rocket range that I could see.

I even tried 300 just for fun.

nothing.

Probably because IRange doesnt control shot range of the weapon by itself.. it'l be hardcoded somewhere else, alongside # of grenades, # of rockets etc.

yup.

...in some other ini file that hasn't been unpacked for modding as of yet, because there are no other references for these weapons anywhere else in the primary ini file.

grenades, however, ARE moddable, and I think the reason is that the devs modded the distance for aliens first (you can see this if you mind control a sectoid commander, among others, where they can toss grenades a LONG way). since the aliens don't use rocket launchers (THANK THE GODS!!), I think they left the value to control distance out of the file.

I think the issue is that the 'grenade' ability is granted by the grenade, and as the .ini wiki states, the iRange line dictates the range for that weapons 'ability'. So, 'Throw Grenade' is complimented by the iRange setting.

However, the Heavy's 'rocket' ability is determined by the Heavy, not the rocket launcher. Therefore, the rocket launcher's iRange field only affects the rocket launcher's abilities.

I think the issue is that the 'grenade' ability is granted by the grenade, and as the .ini wiki states, the iRange line dictates the range for that weapons 'ability'. So, 'Throw Grenade' is complimented by the iRange setting.

However, the Heavy's 'rocket' ability is determined by the Heavy, not the rocket launcher. Therefore, the rocket launcher's iRange field only affects the rocket launcher's abilities.

THIS