maxtools been updated

theru

dont completely rely on the documentation, it is from stone age, now i simply wrote on the original thread in niftools forum u put dlu in plugin folder and i asuming u already got the max ini in right place, theres no need of some dll file,

aswell i figure peeps wanted a working plugin before working on the documents.

gratus, the blender plugin is almost ready, needs a few adjustement fixes

I'm not criticizing, I'm just trying to make sure I'm using it right. It's only logical to read the documentation before using something and I don't use the niftools forums since I only understand about a quarter of what they're talking about.

I put the nifplugins.dlu file in the directory after backing up the old one and it gave me a slew of errors that all look similar to this first one:

I get those warnings too, using 3ds max 2012 64 bit. Clicking No will allow 3ds to load but my imports have no textures.

I'm wondering if that has something to do with maxniftools.ini, which in my case, is found in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\plugcfg folder.

According to the readme file, there are edits to be made to maxniftools.ini but I'm still not sure what I'm doing. Tried playing around with it a bit but no luck.