XSHAPE

Daemonjax

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running two concurrent mods. One with changes to the .ini files which hasn't had any severe problems (random crashes, but not too frequent), and the other which was the base_num_rockets.const

I figured it could have been a constant that only loads in a new game, so I tried starting a fresh game, which caused all the errors to pop up. Might not be related to the modifications I made, but the timing is pretty damning.

Right now, I'm having Steam do a verification to clean up all the files, and starting from scratch again.

Edited by Mashadar

Well damn. I've tried editing the number of grenades and rockets available in xcomgame.upk, but none of the changes seem to be taking. Looks like the XGTacticalGameCoreNativeBase sub field may be a red herring.

Yeah, some constants in some of the UPKs seem to have no effect.

There may be a reason why that file is called a base file, you might want to look up the ability to even have a rocket in the first place. Considering that a perk can give a heavy unit 2 rockets. I'd go looking there.

I'd imagine some of the other constants would be used outright. But if they pertain to an ability or something given by another thing such as rockets or some bombs or the like.

Latest Version: 0.1beta

Download: http://code.google.com/p/xshape/downloads/list

XSHAPE patches your game executable to load modified upk files. You can update the SHA hashes by hand if you want, but this is faster.

now, if ONLY I could find out where the darn game calls the voices from I could add some variety in!

(tomorrow methinks.. time today to play for a little bit instead!..a least with shorter overwatch delay!!!)

top job that person! ¬_¬