ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

XSHAPE

Daemonjax

XShape rookie here. Been getting a "The system cannot find the file modpatcher" error, despite having modpatcher in the Binaries/Win32 folder, along with an Error 16. I've already modded xshape.bat to these values in the OP:

java -jar XSHAPE.jar 0

Any ideas about what is wrong? I've got XShape in the main XCom-Enemy-Unknown folder.

Edit: Never mind, got it all to work. For whatever reason, the copy I downloaded only had the patcher.bat that was supposed to replace the modpatcher copy. I had to make a separate patcher.bat for XShape to get it all to work.

Edited by Kregano

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not gotten rid of the java error. I am fully updated with java. Are there any other possible dependencies I should look for?

Download the latest version of Java, but make sure you install the correct bit version for your system. If your Windows is 64bit, you must install the 64bit Java. If your Windows is 32bit, you must install the 32bit Java. After that, your Windows should recognize Java correctly and the Java error should go away. Then you can try to install the mod again. Please use the following link to download Java:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

You can edit XSHAPE.bat and add pause at the end. When running the tool, command windows pops up showing what is going on. Exit the window by pressing any key. Edited by Drakous79

Game crash after using XShape :(

First I just decompress the XComGame.upk then I used SelectiveRecruitment 0_3_0.exe. After that I ran XSHAPE. 1 file has been updated, and under steam after hit PLAY GAME "XCOM HAS STOPPED WORKING"

What I'm doing wrong?

Of course I deleted every decompressed file in folder.

OK PROBLEM SOLVED :)

Edited by Amiga4everUK

Of course I deleted every decompressed file in folder.

I'm not sure what decompressed files you deleted; you aren't supposed to delete any, but perhaps you meant compressed? :)

The original compressed file (XComGame.upk) should be renamed or moved out of \XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XComGame\CookedPCConsole

The decompressed XComGame.upk file should then be placed in \XCom-Enemy-Unknown\XComGame\CookedPCConsole

No other .upk files should be deleted/renamed/moved for that version of the mod to work.

If XSHAPE doesn't give any error codes, then it might not be the cause of the problem.

XSHAPE should say:

xcomgame.upk SHA hash updated.

1 SHA hash(es) updated.

Hey all. I am not that experienced with XSHAPE. I'm trying to mod my XCOM game so I can use "Selective Recruitment" mod from Nexus. I tried my best to follow the directions laid out. When I extract XSHAPE into the xcom game folder, and run the pather, I get two errors :

1. Windows can not find "modpatcher" make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

2. Windows can not find "Java" make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.

This is most likely me doing it wrong. Does anyone have "Steps for dummies"? Any help is appreciated :-)