Questions about xLODgen

xThehavok

I cant get it to work. I cant find hardly anything at all about this program and most of it is using skyrim. The problem im having is while running lodgen it wont see my mod. From watching a video i have gathered that i "need an lod settings file" and the video just went to meshes and selected tamriel lod settings and continued. Fallout 4 doesnt show its meshes and texture files and i cant get any info on how to get to them. Or maybe its just different for fallout and im a stupid (im not a hyper nerd) idk! any help would be great thanks everyone!

You need to create an lod settings file for the lodgenerator to see your mod. It's a basic file, pretty much identical for every worldspace, like a catalist file through which the lod generation can be done.

- You can generate that lod file using CK instead of LODgenerator,

- Or you can use a data extractor tool to extract any worldspace lod settings you want and then just rename it to whatever the name your custom worldspace is named.

Once you have an lod settingsyou will be able to use lodgenerator to generate lod.

Of course that's just one thing to do. What you also need is to extract the lodtextures into the common/source file and lodmeshes in your data folder. Without those extracted the generator won't be able to do it's magic.

Edited by Galejro

you do know that you need to rename x to the right game

you shoud read the readme file, it say

Rename xLODGen.exe to [game mode]LODGen.exe (TES5LODGen.exe for example) or start with command line parameter -fnv, -fo3, -fo4, -fo4vr, -tes5, -tes5vr, -sse, -enderal

speedynl, yeah i i have done that and it will load the fallout 4 and dlc files and give me the option to generate LOD for it but wont give me the option to generate LOD for my mod. I know why its not i just need to figure out how to generate the "LOD settings file" from the CK.

• 1 year later...