Hundreds of blank eyecolours

Halendia

So basically, since a week back I've been having strange issues with the character creation. The slider for eye colours is like... infinite. There are hundreds of textures to choose from but say 95% are just duplicates.

I've removed all eye texture mods, the folder in data is completely empty now, but it doesn't "revert" to vanilla textures.

Wat do?

Is it only on eyes? Sounds like there might be a plugin still active that can't find the appropriate files for the new eyes. Adding eyes is a two part process, a plugin that connects the eye textures to the races and the actual eye textures themselves. Removing the textures will result in eyes with no color.

Suggest going thru your plugins, disable them, start a new game and see if the problem is gone. If it is, then slowly add & test your plugins till it returns. If you cannot get the eyes to ever correct, then uninstall all mods & verify your game files with Steam and try a new game again.

I guess one issue triggers another... I've been going through my plugins now; disabling all of them worked, and I did that because I redownloaded the eye mods I had and deactivated them through vanilla launcher: I could no longer become a female without game crashing!

ve been activating them in groups, a handfull at a time, starting Skyrim, gone into racemenu, making sure there were no more eyes than vanilla and making sure I could become female, then saving, qqq, activate more plugins, repeat.

This was I was able to narrow it down a bit, saving time. However, I've encountered a new, very funny thing! After activating a couple of plugins, with standard procedure, the game crashed on load, I deactivated the newly activated plugins and started the game just as it was before, I didn't save or anything between because it just crashed before I could even make sure the plugins I'd activated were OK. So I loaded up again, a save which had worked previously, with exactly the same plugins as I'd used before that I'd confirmed to be working, and ta-da:

When I switch genders, all the sliders disappear except for the ones under the "Mouth" category and the "Forehead colour" slider is also accessible, the rest have vanished!

(Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4)

Switching to khajiit and Orc works, it seems, BUT if I switch too much; game crash! :D

It would also appear that switching to any "human" races, Imperial, Breton, Redguard, Nord causes a game crash.

I'm so incredibly confused right now.

aaaaaaand I'll start disabling everything again, muh.

Edited by Halendia

Is the problem the line thru the eye?

Might want to double check and see if you have any custom face tint files, perhaps one of them accidentally has something in the eye region that shouldn't be there. You would need a graphics/image program capable of opening and viewing DDS files in order to do that.

That's just a stab in the dark. I've never seen that before.