Don't get sawned logs when using sawing mill

kagstrom2100

Hello, I just got Heartfire and I immediately bought some land and started to build my home. I quickly ran out of wood and saw on the wiki that you could either buy it or make some yourself be using the saw mill, but when I use the saw mill I don't get any sawn logs, and buying them is a bit expensive.

Do anyone else got the same problem?

Thanx in advance :)

Hello, I just got Heartfire and I immediately bought some land and started to build my home. I quickly ran out of wood and saw on the wiki that you could either buy it or make some yourself be using the saw mill, but when I use the saw mill I don't get any sawn logs, and buying them is a bit expensive.

Did you ask permission first? Certain mill owners wont let you use their mill, so you don't get to keep what you cut yourself.

Did you ask permission first? Certain mill owners wont let you use their mill, so you don't get to keep what you cut yourself.

Yes, I asked the girl at Half-moon mill for permission to cut it my self.

@kagstrom2100 - if you are comfortable using the console to add items then you could add sawn logs that way.

The command for logs in the console is [player.additem 0300300E 20] - will add 20 sawn logs to your log pile,the first two digits are determined by your load order (02) if you do not have Dawnguard installed.

Btw - I do not seem to have much luck using the sawmills to add logs either despite having permission from mill owners.

@kagstrom2100 - if you are comfortable using the console to add items then you could add sawn logs that way.

The command for logs in the console is [player.additem 0300300E 20] - will add 20 sawn logs to your log pile,the first two digits are determined by your load order (02) if you do not have Dawnguard installed.

Btw - I do not seem to have much luck using the sawmills to add logs either despite having permission from mill owners.

Ya, I know how to use the console ( been using it Fallout NV allot, making a mod currently ;) ) I'll try making a bug fix for it, if I succeed i'll make a new post with the link.

Here's a good one....I went to Half-Moon Mill, sold vamp chickie some firewood to get permission to saw my own logs, SAWED my own logs, but only got 10. I couldn't ever saw any more. Well, I *could* saw more animation-wise, it's just that I never received more than 10 sawn logs. Ayup, might be a tad bugged.

Well that's some good info, I'll take a look at the game files later today and see if there is anythings that needs to be fixed. It's probably some script mess up or something like that.