Easier Hard Difficulty...

Fnhatic

Basically, I'd like a mod that simply removes (or at least reduces) the 'bonus' given to enemy health at harder difficulties. I have no problem with player lethality, I just think it's asinine how for challenging gameplay you now have to tolerate immersion-killing behavior, such as nearly naked Raiders running at you with a lead pipe, taking hundreds of bullets to the cranium.

Basically the hard difficulty just consist about a higher enemy hp and damage resistance. If you remove that, you remove it entirely. If you want it to be more difficult, but don't thrust bethesda (because they obviously failed) I recommend you check out the "no gode-mode vats" and "sagers mod" mods. they are even more mods which increase the difficulty for real and not through cheating.

IIRC Hard increased the enemy resistance 25% (or something), and increaesed damage on player 25%. I already have the no-godmode mods and some other things, when I played briefly on Hard I felt much more vulnerable, but it was just ridiculous seeing my critical sniper headshots simply bounce off their skulls, watching raiders run at me with 4 crippled limbs.

Hmm, then you'd need to make all damage the same, but AI more smarter or act better in groups?

Really now, making npc's hp and def rate higher on hard mode is kind of cheap, but I do have a good suggestion to change that.

Mod all weapon damage closer to realistic damage, but still under it so you don't die from a stray bullet to the head.

Armors needs to show that it's effective and thus should clearly state whether it is bullet resistant, energy resistant, or no resistant at all.

For example: Your typical Wasteland clothings should provide mainly good defence against melee weaponry and small defence against bullets, but no defence against energy. Thicker armors, like leather armors, should provide better def against melee, good def against bullets, and small def against energy, but is up to the modder for that idea.

Vanilla Fallout 3 armors seems to be for looks right now, and when I wear them, I usually wear them for the skill points, not for the defence.

id like it if you die if you get shot once in the head, where a shot in any limb cripples it immediately, and you lose health over time like you lose blood... and the same goes for enemies, except if they are mutants then maybe 2 shots

also i'd like to be able to carry only a reasonable amount of weapons, like maybe a knife, pistol, and rifle, some food, maybe a little more stuff if i have a backpack

so all in all a realistic "hard" mod but not the fake hard like it is now, where you have to shoot someone a million times in the head for him to die

Hmm, then you'd need to make all damage the same, but AI more smarter or act better in groups?

Really now, making npc's hp and def rate higher on hard mode is kind of cheap, but I do have a good suggestion to change that.

Mod all weapon damage closer to realistic damage, but still under it so you don't die from a stray bullet to the head.

Armors needs to show that it's effective and thus should clearly state whether it is bullet resistant, energy resistant, or no resistant at all.

For example: Your typical Wasteland clothings should provide mainly good defence against melee weaponry and small defence against bullets, but no defence against energy. Thicker armors, like leather armors, should provide better def against melee, good def against bullets, and small def against energy, but is up to the modder for that idea.

Vanilla Fallout 3 armors seems to be for looks right now, and when I wear them, I usually wear them for the skill points, not for the defence.

Well if we're going that route, let's start with damage types of any kind to begin with. My shotgun is NOT going to rip that Protectron in half, as it does now. Hell robots and power armor should be extremely immune to melee attacks, slashing attacks, etc. Fallout: Tactics did this phenomenally. You had JHP ammo that was very damaging, but could be easily stopped by most armors. You had AP ammo that was both painful and harder to resist, but rare as hell.

Crimeny, you had depleted uranium .50 cal ammo that, when fired from the Browning M2 by someone of decent skill, would rip apart ANYTHING in one blast as it was almost impossible to resist and did 200% damage... now that was great. Problem was there was only about 150 rounds of this poo in the whole game.

Sure FO:T wasn't a role-playing game by any stretch of the imagination, but it was never even trying to be. It was the combat part of Fallout redone 1,000x better than even the combat in FO3.

My problem with the difficulty is you character starts out with like 200 HP while Overseer/Vault guards/raiders have like (I'm guessing here) maybe 30. Then at like lvl 6 armored in raider armor I was more durable charging mutants armed with an assault rifle then a Brotherhood of Steel Paladin wearing power armor (I had to reload because he kept dying). How much sense does that make?

Archived