Creation Kit - Opening a custom skyrim location data folder?

SiniVII

As usual I install my steam games, copy the steam game folder and paste it on another harddrive. Then I leave the steam game folder alone and heavily mod the copied game folder.

Now that I want to mod stuff and merge/edit other mods for personal useage, I can't do that since all the mods I got are in my modded skyrim folder, the one copied from the steam folder, since the creation kit stubbornly refuses to open up my modded folders files.

1. The folder location I play at:

D:\games\skyrim\

2. The default steam location which goes untouched:

C:\Programfiles\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

The one the creation kit opens is the latter, although I have it installed in my modded folder as well. How can I make the creation kit acknowledge the modded folder as the one to be modded and leave the steam folder alone?

So you have a full skyrim install in two places now?

Consider looking into skyrim installation swapper

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19034

Also, I think if you launch tesv.exe through SkyrimLauncher.exe it sets a registry key to point to that current install folder (after which the CK would also load from that folder) but I'm not entirely sure - just say my firewall throw a log entry a few times.

So you have a full skyrim install in two places now?

Consider looking into skyrim installation swapper

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19034

Also, I think if you launch tesv.exe through SkyrimLauncher.exe it sets a registry key to point to that current install folder (after which the CK would also load from that folder) but I'm not entirely sure - just say my firewall throw a log entry a few times.

No luck by launching SkyrimLauncher.exe, doesn't make the creation kit recognize the modded folder as the main one. ... I should just backup regular skyrim elsewhere and heavily mod the main steam folder.

Going to check out the Installation swapper. Thank you for replying! :)