Skyrim will not start

FenrirUlv

Ok, so I just factory restarted my computer, installed skse and script dragon along with some additional mods. However, when I tried to start skse it told me that skyrim was not up to date, I have it set to automatically download any updates already though and to make matters worse, Even when I try to run the game clean without skse, script dragon or any mods It will start up and then crash without an error. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what is going on.

Verify your game cache on steam. Then make sure you are using the correct skse for your version of skyrim--there are 2 out now, depending on if you are using the beta or not.

I already verified the cache twice, and I did download the wrong one (DL'ed the beta by accident) but now Im still having the same issues but can run through skse. It will start up and then get to the main menu where I can see the imperial symbol but then will close down without a warning, error, or whatever. Im going to try and go through one more time through my mod list and delete everything but that didnt help last time so I have low hopes. Is there any way to do a COMPLETELY fresh install with steam? Its gotten to the point where that seems much more easy.

The crash you are describing is often due to load order or missing a masterfile for the mods you have installed. If you have not already, download and install BOSS (it is a regular program, not a mod). Then run it for load order and read the log file to address any messages and fix them.

Ok, so I ran BOSS it recognized all but two of my mods (just a simple dagger plug-in and psilocyban mushrooms) which shouldnt be conflicting with anything and I had had these both installed before it was doing this (in fact I had almost all of them installed before it). BOSS did not solve the problem I am having at all. Its like a main file is missing or something.

the reason i ask is cos i just stumbled upon the answer to my dawnguard and update.esm issue , but it dont fit with your issue . my update.esm kept getting unchecked tesmod manager was the culprit NMM sorted it yah .

the reason i ask is cos i just stumbled upon the answer to my dawnguard and update.esm issue , but it dont fit with your issue . my update.esm kept getting unchecked tesmod manager was the culprit NMM sorted it yah .

ok, well I really need help with what is actually going on here... I have no clue and have never had this before. Nothing I try is working...