[WIP] The Inheritance

Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1936/inheritance.jpg

THE INHERITANCE

This mod is now online. Download it here!

Here's the mod's description from my website:

"Having learned of the Courier's exploits, a dying man contacts the player in hopes of employing him/her to deliver a mysterious package. Upon accepting the job, the Courier will soon find himself/herself making unwilling allies and dangerous enemies, all jockeying to claim the same prize. The Inheritance is a compact, lore-friendly quest mod for Fallout: New Vegas, designed to offer new avenues to experience combat and role-playing for high-level characters."

Stats:

- The primary, titular quest provides ~ 1.5 hours of gameplay, three weapons, and four new locations (one of which remains and "evolves" depending on the player's actions)

- Four extant sidequests:

- "Fiend's Ransom":

Learning of the Courier's newfound wealth, Fiends kidnap a Westside child and hold him for a hefty ransom.

- "Think of the Children!":

An amicable woman seeks the Courier's assistance in funding an orphanage.

- "Fiends Anonymous":

A Followers physician seeks to establish a rehab clinic for Fiends, but a vindictive ranger has other plans...

- "Repaid in Full":

Hearing of the Courier's feats, Ranger Beaumont contracts him/her to defend RS Charlie, all while the NCR brass investigates Beaumont's competence and mental stability.

Here are some pre-emptive FAQ's, as I've asked myself many of the questions that you will no doubt proffer:

Q: Are you still working on Zulu? Why go to the trouble of promoting it if you're just going to make something else?

A: I'm a changeable creature, sorry. This is by no means an "abandonment" of Zulu, which is perhaps my most personal project to date. The fact is that Zulu is enormous, and it won't be released until early 2013 at the earliest. Perhaps it's also the realization that I haven't posted a single quest mod since NVBII, and as we're nearing the two-year anniversary of NVBI's launch, I have an inexplicable urge to deliver something to the community. Attribute it to enthusiasm mingled with guilt, and a desire to remind myself and the Nexus that I'm still capable of producing an extant mod after fiddling around for so long.

Q: So will you continue work on Zulu?

A: Assuredly, I still tinkered with Zulu while I worked on "The Inheritance" (as some of the scripting and technical mojo are shared), and it will be priority one when "The Inheritance" is released.

Q: For s***'s sake, are you promoting another mod that won't be completed?

A: The Inheritance is about 75% complete. It is a linear, solitary questline in the vein of NVBI, so production has been quite rapid. All that remains are two small dungeons, about a half-dozen quest stages, testing, and then implementing voicework.

Q: You mentioned voicework - how many roles and lines are we talking about?

A: Seven characters, with only two having significant dialogue. The finished mod should have 300-400 lines. [EDIT: Ha! More like 24 roles and 1,300 lines, thanks to feature creep]

Q: The summary is a bit vague - can you expand on the details?

A: It involves finding a long-lost stash, and the Syndicate (organized crime referenced in Bounties) is involved. I'd rather not say anything else. For those itching for the underworld grit of NVBII, you'll get it, along with some novel dungeons to explore.

Q: Will this be connected to Bounties, Zulu, etc.?

A: Subtly, though I'm hoping to bind future plugins together with a shared .esm, so player choices will affect multiple mods. This will be the first plugin to implement the shared .esm.

Q: So, new gear, weapons, etc. are to be expected, right?

A: This adds a unique weapon that should be the first of its sort.

Q: Does it require DLC?

A: At present, Gun Runner's Arsenal. Sorry if that causes heartache, but it was necessary for the weapon.

Q: When are you going to quit screwing with this small-time s*** and deliver NVBIII?!

A: After Firebase Zulu. I recently managed to write more notes for NVBIII after watching some classic Westerns on Netflix. The influences will show ;)

Q: Is this a Western?

A: Not really, especially relative to Bounties. It's more of a straight action/adventure plugin with hints of crime drama sprinked in (one of these days I'd like to make a film noir-style mod).

Q: What's the release date?

A: My goal is to release the mod by February 2013.

Thanks for your ongoing patience and support. It's been motivating to see the encouragement on the forums and comments, so I'm doubly eager to produce fresh content for the community. Thank you.

Edited by someguy2000

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

All,

Thanks for the comments and encouragement, as well as the VA offers!

Sometimes modding can be a grind, but other times, everything just clicks. Tonight was very, very productive - I managed to piece together some interesting encounters with ample dialogue. This plugin should feature a wider array of roleplaying opportunities than past work, though I still have improvements to make. Thanks for the continuing feedback and support. If production continues at this rate, I will be posting open VA roles on the thread soon.

-SG

Edited by someguy2000

Guest deleted2159825

@Mishaxi,

Thanks for the support! I've been busy, but I'd like to try out your Niner mod soon (I generally don't use companions, but I love a good quest). I was intrigued after watching the AlChestBreach playthrough.

Edited by someguy2000