[WIP] The Inheritance

Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello good Sir. Let me start off by saying I have been simply blown away by playing through NVB 1&2, and now the Inheritance all for the first time these past couple days. They are easily the greatest quest mods I've ever played and knowing that much more content is on the way from you makes me very excited. Let me also add that this is my first forum post and I decided to start posting because of your work.

Anyway enough brown nosing (just giving credit where it's due :P), I do have a question. I don't think I've hit any bugs, because the whole mod has been running smoothly so far. But I can't seem to find the other three side quests in the mod. So far I've completed Fiend's Ransom, Think of the Children, and Fiends Anonymous. I have yet to acquire Repaid in Full or the two unnamed ones. I've searched some of the major towns (Goodsprings, Novac, Freeside, Westside), waited upwards of 20 days, and found/received zero sign of them. If it helps, I've also completed essentially all of the vanilla game content except the DLC. If ain't too much trouble, could you please give me some hints as to how to trigger the other quests?

Thanks for your time.

Anyway enough brown nosing (just giving credit where it's due :P), I do have a question. I don't think I've hit any bugs, because the whole mod has been running smoothly so far. But I can't seem to find the other three side quests in the mod. So far I've completed Fiend's Ransom, Think of the Children, and Fiends Anonymous. I have yet to acquire Repaid in Full or the two unnamed ones. I've searched some of the major towns (Goodsprings, Novac, Freeside, Westside), waited upwards of 20 days, and found/received zero sign of them. If it helps, I've also completed essentially all of the vanilla game content except the DLC. If ain't too much trouble, could you please give me some hints as to how to trigger the other quests?

Thanks for your time.

Gimme Shelter can be started by talking to Jim Anderson north-east of Westside. Just follow Westside's borders, you'll find him. As for Repaid in Full, have you finished Ranger Andy's quest yet? If you haven't then the quest won't start. Furthermore, you need a certain good reputation with the NCR, and negative reputation with the Legion. Check the readme for the exact details.

Thanks for your time.

Gimme Shelter can be started by talking to Jim Anderson north-east of Westside. Just follow Westside's borders, you'll find him. As for Repaid in Full, have you finished Ranger Andy's quest yet? If you haven't then the quest won't start. Furthermore, you need a certain good reputation with the NCR, and negative reputation with the Legion. Check the readme for the exact details.

Thank you very much! I managed to find Gimme Shelter just fine, but Repaid in Full won't start. I've completed Andy's quest, and I'm Idolized with the NCR and VIlified by the Legion. I checked the readme for details and something made me very curious. I apologize up front. I don't really know forums so I don't know how to do tags such as spoiler tags so I'll just put the big words. Again, thank you for your time

*SPOILERS* At the end of the main quest, I talked the bad guy into leaving. I didn't kill him. It says in the requirements for both Fiends Anonymous and Repaid in Full to unlock is to kill the main quest final bad guy. I received Fiends Anonymous but not Repaid in Full. Is there any possibility as to what the issue is? *SPOILERS*

Guest deleted2159825

KiloAlpha157,

Thanks for the kind words and support. I'm in the process of testing and uploading a new build, which should remove the problematic reputation requirements for "Repaid in Full". In writing and designing the quest, I thought those requirements would reward roleplayers who align themselves with the NCR, but so far it's only served to make the quest unplayable for many players (reputation always seems to be uneven).

I'll post an update in this thread when version .965 is online. Thanks for the feedback!