Issue with Meshes not loading?(Mothership Zeta Crew TTW Conversion)

Vercalos

So, I'm currently trying to figure out an issue with the Tale of Two Wastelands conversion of the Fallout 3 mod, namely with a piece of armor, called the Starship Officer Cap.

Two of them are placed on the bridge of the Mothership once the MCZ quests start. However, with those two being placed there is an issue. For some reason, they're showing an error in game(red kite, with exclamation point in the middle).

The object in question refers to two .NIF files. When worn, it refers to StarshipCap.nif, when placed in the world it, it refers to StarshipCapgo.nif. Now, visually, they appear the same in NIFSkope, but there is some differences between the files, as StarshipCapgo.nif is 6kb bigger than StarshipCapgo.nif. I cannot figure out how they differ, but they both refer to the same textures, and while the StarshipCap.nif displays properly in game, the StarshipCapgo.nif does not.

So, a quick and dirty fix would be to make both the biped model and world model refer to the same .NIF file, but given that there are differences between the two files that I haven't been able to discern, I'm not sure if that wouldn't cause more problems than it solved to do that.

That error is not directly related to the file sizes, but rather to their location in the Data folder. Please see the 'Solutions to Mesh (Red "!" icon) or Texture (solid color) problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article.

-Dubious-

I don't know that it's an issue with the file location, seeing as both NIF files are in the same directory, also, I did look through that page before posting here, but none of the proposed issues/solutions seemed to apply in this instance.

As for the file sizes, I wasn't suggesting that the file size itself was causing the issue, I was suggesting that the file sizes indicated that the files weren't identical, so despite being visually similar, there must be some difference between the two files causing the StarshipCapgo.nif to not load properly in game

That error is not directly related to the file sizes, but rather to their location in the Data folder. Please see the 'Solutions to Mesh (Red "!" icon) or Texture (solid color) problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article.

-Dubious-

I don't know that it's an issue with the file location, seeing as both NIF files are in the same directory, also, I did look through that page before posting here, but none of the proposed issues/solutions seemed to apply in this instance.

As for the file sizes, I wasn't suggesting that the file size itself was causing the issue, I was suggesting that the file sizes indicated that the files weren't identical, so despite being visually similar, there must be some difference between the two files causing the StarshipCapgo.nif to not load properly in game

1. Mod Manager being used.
  2. A saved game file is required.
  3. Path the games are installed @
  4. Tools you have knowledge of ?

Mod manager:

Vortex

Path the game is installed at:

D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas

Tools I have knowledge of?

Basic knowledge of NIFskope, xEdit, and G.E.C.K. I can alter mods to a limited degree, but making a new one of whole cloth is beyond me.

Mod manager:

Vortex

Path the game is installed at:

D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas

Tools I have knowledge of?

Basic knowledge of NIFskope, xEdit, and G.E.C.K. I can alter mods to a limited degree, but making a new one of whole cloth is beyond me.

Install this (https://www.nexusmods.com/Core/Libs/Common/Widgets/DownloadPopUp?id=1000018736&game_id=130&source=FileExpander)

Reason--to extract the data correctly to the game.

Find the bsa archive responsible for the mesh files and extract it OR reinstall it using this tool.

run FNVEdit and click on that esp / esm file in question, right click it select apply script.

that opens and you click the drop down, look for and select asset manager.

at the bottom of the page select copy too and target the folder where these assets are meant to be. push ok.

close when done. run game and verify the problem is gone.

IF not ? post the link to the mod in question that is NOT obeying copy instructions so I can inspect it.

Well, the mods in question are

Mothership Zeta Crew and TTW Mothership Zeta Crew(which just seems to be a quick and dirty scripted edit of original ESM). There is an issue with the NPC voices from that mod as well, but there's already a solution to that particular issue in the comments on the TTW conversion.

do you believe the conversion was not done correctly?

Funny, an exact same issue is posted on the conversion thread on the mod page side. by soldgerboy2b too.

My method I posted should take care of the issue.

Edited by Purr4me

So unpack Bethesda's BSAs? because there aren't any BSAs in the mod

1 moment just finished the download of the base mod.

Stick around I found something that may be the reason the two cap's are not showing up.

EDIT: do not jump t any conclusions yet, I have a shot I am still looking into and installing all the supporting software, however on preliminary inspection, the conversion plugin looks like it it's self was coded out of order.

Strange-load-order-1.jpg

Edited by Purr4me