Mod Organizer 2, won't load FNVLauncher.

Hanker109

I recently installed Mod Organizer because it has been praised as the best mod manager out there. Once I installed this mod, I added several program like LOOT and others. Now, not even the game's loader work, "failed to spawn "FalloutNV.exe": failed to start process (The parameter is incorrect [87]). I know for a fact that I correctly added these programs to MO. So I went on the Internet and found that this is a very common problem among the MO 2 user. I guess by now most of the members here know about this problem; I decided to bring this subject for those that for some reason are not up to date on the subject. I'm deleting this utility until I hear the problem has been solved by the developer.

This is the Skyrim Special Edition forum, not Fallout New Vegas.

That being said, you should install the game outside of the default Program Files directory. You can make a new SteamLibrary on a different drive. If you only have one drive, then you need to follow special directions to create a SteamLibrary (Steam doesn't like making more than one library per drive).

You can also try running MO2 as administrator, but it's not a proper fix.

The developer can't really do anything about this because the problem is with Windows permissions. Even if you change the permissions in the Program Files directory, sometimes Windows will change it back.