Ammo weight mod?

war77

I think its odd that ammo has no weight, I would love to add 0.5 weight to each round of ammo or something, but I cant seem to figure out how to hex edit my original fallout 3 ESM to change byte 5 from 68 to 67 or something.

There HAS to be an easy way to add weight to the ammo. I see people have made much more complex mods so far, this has to be easy to do.

0.5 weight would be asinine, you'd be overburdened in no time.

Even 0.1 would be way too much per-round (maybe for something 'heavier' like .308 ammo). I want to see things like Stims and Ammo have weight too (ala Fallout), but I don't think you can reduce weight to under 0.1. And to make things like bullets weightless but to tie weights to missiles and such would heavily tilt balance in favor of small guns.

As it is, the weight system in the game is lame. Even the miscy-weight mod doesn't fix it completely. Why does this little battery weigh 5x as much as my big ass and awkwardly-shaped SMG? The only fix I can see would be to make bullets 0.1 weight, and scale everything up from there (ie: by comparison, an SMG would now have a weight of 25, and your carry weight in 1000+) but that'd get extremely confusing for everyone.

The only practical way to do it would be to use a script to calculate the weight independent to get around the 'minimum' weight of 0.1. Ammo would be 'weightless' but it'd apply artificial weight independently.

• 3 weeks later...
I would gladly play with ammo at 0.1 weight, if I could edit the files myself, I would.

A 9mm is something akin to 7.5 grams,

A 5.56 is something akin to 14.25 grams.

A gram is .035 of an ounce an ounce is 1/16 a pound or .0625

So a gram is .0021875 of a pound.

That makes a 9mm round 0.01640625 of a pound using these measurements,

and a 5.56 0.031171875 of a pound using these measurements.

That means you get almost 61 x 9mm to the pound,

and just over 32 x 5.56 to the pound.

Assuming my measurements are accurate.

This isn't factoring in material composition, density, hollow/solid point, case, clip, or drum.

Archived