Weird bug when aiming with a bow

baki502

I cant describe it properly but my Char bends over weirdly when I aim. It aims correctly when I aim at the middle of the screen but when I start aiming up or down it seems to "accelerate" it and aim way over the limits. But see for yourselves:

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/5373/screenshot2df.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I believer its because of a mod I have or an ini tweak I have done but I have no Idea what. I have done the Ini tweaks:

Skyrim.ini:

fDecalLifetime=256.000

SkyrimPrefs.ini:

iMaxDecalsPerFrame=350

bDecalsOnSkinnedGeometry=1

of the Enhanced Blood texture mod and have this mods currently installed:

Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel - Final Edition

Skyrim HD - 2K Textures

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Better Dynamic Snow

DIMONIZED UNP female body + neck fix

Auto Unequip Ammo - Auto Unequip Ammo v4_1 - Dawnguard

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

The Dance of Death - A Killmove Mod

Improved NPC Clothing - High Res

Bandolier - Bags and Pouches - Bandolier - Bags and Pouches v1dot101

Lush Grass

Lush Trees + Flora Overhaul compatibility patch

Deadly Spell Impacts

Enhanced Blood Textures

Immersive HUD - iHUD

SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators

Final Younger Characters

Coverwomen

Covereyes

Pure Waters

Blaze Of Eventide - Blaze Of Eventide v1_4

Supreme and Volumetric Fog

Glowtastic - Glowtastic

Enhanced Distant Terrain

ApachiiSkyHair

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Ambience Music Overhaul - v1-1-6 - - Ambience Music Overhaul - Replacer Edition - All in One 1-1-6 -

AutoAim - No AutoAim 1_01 - installed after bug was found

Every help is appreciated!

Edited by baki502

Additional Information: It did not happen with an old save game from another char so it may be a savegame bug, overlap, whatever something went wrong with my save game...

Edit: It is not only with a bow it is with every weapon or spell when i press the fire button this happens!

Edited by baki502

Additional Information: It did not happen with an old save game from another char so it may be a savegame bug, overlap, whatever something went wrong with my save game...

Edit: It is not only with a bow it is with every weapon or spell when i press the fire button this happens!

Does really nobody have an Idea? It has something to do with the attacking that I know so maybe there is some command in the ini file for that? like max attack arc or something?

Easiest test would probably be to remove skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini (make a backup!), then start the skyrim launcher. If everything works like normal now, you've messed up the ini files.

No did not work. But I am sure now it has something to do with the savegames because with an old charakter and an new character I have created the bug did not occur. I guess there is not much I can do about broken savegames tough...

• 10 months later...

I don't want to resurrect old threads (they're not Thralls after all), but I have been experiencing this exact issue with multiple characters, persistently, and for some time. I have had different mods, different INI tweaks (and no ini tweaks), and between my last set of characters who had this issue and this one I did a full wipe and clean install of the entire game and all mods.

I think this has something to do with the interaction of ammunition with the bow. My temporary solution is to equip Solonor (I can't remember what mod its from), a bow that has it's own ethereal ammo; this resets all bows to a normal firing arc until I change cells. Thus, it is a temporary, and wholly unsatisfying solution. If there have been any advances on finding a cure to this bug since it was last posted, I would be truly grateful.

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I don't see the mod "Player Headtracking" in your load order, but in my case deactivating this mod in-game (via MCM) solved the problem. It also didn't reappear after reactivating the mod. Hope this helps ;-)

• 1 year later...