Horse Armor

I have the horse armor pack and bought a white horse. At some point it wondered off and i lost track of it.... so i go to buy a new white horse and go to have it armored up . When i do so it says my white horse is armored and ready, then takes my 500 gold...short after that I get a message saying "your house it to far way to be armored" and i go out side only to find the white horse has disappeared...

dose anyone now why this happens.. dl the unofficial horse armor patch thinking that might fix it and it did not :(

If your armored white horse that is lost is your only horse (and thus your last horse ridden) just fast travel to a city. Your last horse ridden should be teleported to the stables. If your last ridden was other than your lost armored white horse you could console kill all your other horses and then fast travel to a city (this trick won't work for Shadowmere if she's armored).

If your armored white horse that is lost is your only horse (and thus your last horse ridden) just fast travel to a city. Your last horse ridden should be teleported to the stables. If your last ridden was other than your lost armored white horse you could console kill all your other horses and then fast travel to a city (this trick won't work for Shadowmere if she's armored).

it was my only horse at the time i notice it an did tried to get a new horse. when it first went missing i tried fast traveling and it did not show up so amused it wonder off and got killed. But now I wonder if it got stuck somewhere and fell though graphic or stuck in a dip some where. is there was to find out for sure?

Edited by ElderScrollsFan001

Go and buy another colour horse (you are allowed to own one of each colour). This will be your test horse. Now buy armor for it and open the console and get it's referenceID. Find that colour horse in the Complete List of Horses. Take note of the first two digits of the armored horse's refID ... you'll need that for your white armored horse) and also which of the two numbers in parentheses corresponds to the horse you just armored (e.g. for armored white horses (xx002117/xx000CEA) is shown ... one of those is probably the baseID and one the refID).

Now that you know the complete refID for the armored white horse you lost (first two digits from the test horse you armored and whichever of the two numbers in parentheses corresponded to to the test you made, first or second). Open the console and enter 'prid <refID>' (substituting the refID you found, no quote marks or brackets). Then enter 'moveto player'. If it's alive it should show up near you.

- Edit - Thinking on it a bit further the two IDs in parentheses are likely eleven armor refID and steel armor refID.

Edited by Striker879