Need help choosing parts of upgrade

@kalikka

I'll pump it up just below recommended. I just want to build something thats enough to handle 2-3 graphic softwares at the same time with a ton of layers, oh and I don't mod Skyrim with enhancers or massive textures. Afaik the fx-6300's not out here yet, I may not be patient enough to wait for it (I just hope I can play witcher 3 at least on low with this new setup LMAO)

That Lancool case' still top 1 on the overall for me (weighs 21 pounds though hehe). That Shinobi case looks real sweet, but I'm not gonna find one on my country. Same with the XFX 550W.

Seriously, there's like two competing store chains here... everyone else is selling tech from 6 years ago.

@hoofhearted4

That's good to hear, I'll stick with the choice for now.

I'm gonna add one more ATX Case in the mix...Corsair Carbide 400R

I feel solid with my choices so far... except the case... and now the processor and mobo haha.

Questions!

In case I do go for the FX6300 and a different mobo, what are your thoughts on aftermarket cpu fans?

Is the RAM I picked good? Did Chris Brown really threaten to beat up and defecate on a lady on twitter? Let me know.

Yeah that RAM is fine. Aftermarket CPU fans are the coolest thing since sliced bread. For air cooling go with a coolermaster v10 and noctua fans.

I have no idea what chris brown did on twitter. :hurr:

Oh wow that... thing looks weird. I like this one though Coolermaster Blizzard T2; cheap, and has a purple fan lol. Although reviews mention it doesn't perform very well on OC systems.

Anyway, sounds like I'm good for now. I'll report back after I check the shops.

Thanks everyone! :)

if you want an air heatsink get an NZXT Havik 140. cheap and a top of the line cooler. says within a few Degrees C of the NH-D14, which has the reputation of being the best air heatsink out there. the Havik is not only almost half the price, but its almost half the size, with only one tower instead of two (which the D14 has)

as for the Case, the 400R is a good little case. Corsair has a bunch of cases under $100 worth looking at. the 400r being one of them. also the 200r and 300r. and the C70. which are all good cases. the case i bought, the fractal arc midi, is also an amazing case for $100 (i managed to get it on sale for $60.....just looked it up on Newegg. going for $50 there, but its sold out. also i realize you may not be buying from Newegg because of where you live, but i thought id point it out)

if you want an air heatsink get an NZXT Havik 140. cheap and a top of the line cooler. says within a few Degrees C of the NH-D14, which has the reputation of being the best air heatsink out there. the Havik is not only almost half the price, but its almost half the size, with only one tower instead of two (which the D14 has)

as for the Case, the 400R is a good little case. Corsair has a bunch of cases under $100 worth looking at. the 400r being one of them. also the 200r and 300r. and the C70. which are all good cases. the case i bought, the fractal arc midi, is also an amazing case for $100 (i managed to get it on sale for $60.....just looked it up on Newegg. going for $50 there, but its sold out. also i realize you may not be buying from Newegg because of where you live, but i thought id point it out)

I found a new store with a wider selection of items. The good news is they're give cheaper prices, bad news is because of the wider selection... I may end up spending more LMAO.

PROCESSOR:

AMD FX6100 3.3Ghz 6MB

AMD Piledriver FX 8320 3.5ghz (Black Edition)

AMD Piledriver FX 8350 4.0ghz (Black Edition)

MOTHERBOARD:

MSI 760GM-P34

Asus M5A88 M

MEMORY:

RIPJAWS 8GB 1600 x2

GPU:

Power Color HD 7850 2gb/256bit ddr5

Power Color HD 7870 2gb/256bit ddr5

PSU:

Seasonic (S12II) 520watts PSU 80Plus Bronze

Seasonic (S12II) 620watts PSU 80Plus Bronze

CASE:

Lancool PC-K58BE USB2

Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid Tower Case USB3

Fractal Arc Midi USB3

DVDR:

Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Sata

Why that heatsink? It's pretty much just a show piece. It's been outperformed by much cheaper coolers (here too), and that was in 2009. Today in 2012... no one even bothers to test it, but modern coolers are much better than 2009's.

Because truthfully I don't use air cooling, and haven't since 07, so I rely on what people tell me. Oh and that coolermaster V10, isn't even what I was thinking of so never mind..

Edited by Dan3345

Why that heatsink? It's pretty much just a show piece. It's been outperformed by much cheaper coolers (here too), and that was in 2009. Today in 2012... no one even bothers to test it, but modern coolers are much better than 2009's.

Because truthfully I don't use air cooling, and haven't since 07, so I rely on what people tell me. Oh and that coolermaster V10, isn't even what I was thinking of so never mind..

No worries, any kind of suggestion or advice helps me out a lot. :thumbsup:

Besides, I'm not picking up Aftermarket coolers until next year.

Lol 450 views and 17 replies. Anyway, I'm gonna pick up my choices soon and if any of the lurkers are interested it's in Manila, the store is PC Hub. They have a wider range of choices than PC Express and PC Gilmore... cheaper too.